What types of background checks are there?
How can I tell a company that I won't do a background check?
As others have said, your records can be erased. This would prevent a normal background check from seeing these past crimes in the first place and you wouldn't be forced to declare them. (A security clearance will be done, but that's a whole different can of worms.)
My advice is to explain out loud what happened. I did that for my crime.
When asked, include the dates, types, etc, then in the Notes section say something like "Was wrongly accused and got a bargain". Perhaps a little more professional sounding, but something a sane person would read as "not a real criminal". I mean, I probably did what I was blamed for, at least in part. I just write "Tried to go home drunk instead of driving, woke up in jail". That's all I remember
But it highlights you what's more important than in this market to be perfect , and if your previous beliefs are listed in the application, they cannot refuse you based on those beliefs. However, the opposite is true; If you don't list it on the application and then they find it in the background check, this is a reason not to hire you.
While chatting with the recruiter (whatever they are called) this came out positively and I believe the honesty has in some ways helped me achieve my current position.
Editing / summarizing responses:
I found this cute wiki link that describes the legality of hiring discrimination based on applicant's status as a felon (I'm a felon).
It looks like it's a current gray area. It is used by different (US) States and courts recognize as a type of person who is discriminated against, but there is no all-encompassing federal law that specifically states that this type of discrimination is illegal. This is news to me.
I stand by my advice because anecdotally it worked for me. I've found a number of other non-authoritative links on the same topic that agree with me - basically it will be much better to be honest and take control of the situation than if the employer finds it out on their own in a background check.
- How much emotional capacity do dogs have
- Which seedling does malt come from?
- Are there poor monarchies
- What are cheaper alternatives to the iPill
- Why are there tacos
- Who are the top geeks in Boston
- Cinnamon decreases testosterone
- Why is Sharia law violent
- How many people love to visit Quora
- Use distilled water in sodas
- How many compositions did Edvard Grieg write
- How do you simplify 4 36
- Is Mayfair offers reliable
- All women should have birth control
- What is John James Audubon famous for
- What is SQL Loader
- How are inertia and movement connected?
- Which drugs are vegan
- Who made the Google Priority Inbox video
- If epilepsy shows up on MRI
- What is the best MacBook backpack
- How can I turn ambition into results?
- How did you get into homesteading
- When will Indians stop judging others?