What happens when we drink tea regularly
5 physical warning signs that you are not drinking enough
Drinking enough is important. But how much is enough? And what happens if we don't drink enough? We reveal how you can recognize a lack of fluids and how you can remedy it.
Water is one of the most important goods for every organism. Often the first signs of dehydration are shown by thirst and headaches. However, those who keep drinking too little risk their health. We explain what happens in the body when there is a lack of water and how you can prevent it!
1. Thirst and a dry mouth
The first sign of dehydration is thirst and a dry mouth. If the body has lost too much water through sweating or using the toilet, the brain signals that it is time to top up the water.
3. Fatigue, difficulty concentrating and weakness
4. Dark urine and a small amount of urine
5. Dry, rough and cracked skin
Consequences of lack of water
Step in the event of severe dehydration (10 percent) Disorders of consciousness, orientation and circulation. A deficiency of twelve percent or more can lead to a hypovolemic shock: Despite the small amount of blood, the heart pumps more intensely in order to supply the brain with sufficient oxygen. Other areas of the body are neglected, so that unconsciousness is not uncommon. In the worst case scenario, there is a circulatory collapse and a coma.
How much should you drink a day?
The German Nutrition Society recommends 1.5 liters of fluid per day for adults. It should be drunk regularly with meals and in between so that the body can process the water optimally. At high temperatures, moist air, extreme cold, illness, fever, diarrhea, vomiting, physically strenuous work and sport, the body needs significantly more water. However, it is now recommended drink approx. 1 liter per 20-25 kilograms of body weight per day. For a person weighing 75 kg, that's around 3 to 3.75 liters per day.
Drink more - that's how it works
- Fill up the water balance in the morning
We also lose fluids overnight. So try to drink one or two glasses of water first thing in the morning. Try to develop a routine.
- Do not drink until you are thirsty
Make a habit of drinking regularly, not just when you feel thirsty. This feeling is already a signal from your body that it needs fluids.
- Eat foods that contain water
Fruits and vegetables also provide the body with fluids. Tomatoes, cucumbers, berries, watermelon, zucchini and salads are ideal varieties for replenishing the fluid balance.
- Always have water to hand
Whether at work or at home: Imagine a bottle, e.g. B. from Mameido, with water or jug, z. B. from WMF, tea always close at hand. This will regularly remind you to drink.
- Drink water with meals
Whether breakfast, lunch, dinner or snacks in between: Get into the habit of drinking at least one large glass of water with every meal.
- Reminder apps for smartphones
Keep a water diary or use an app as a reminder. There z. B. set the daily drinking amount and reminder times.
- Drink tea
Do you need a little variety or taste? Then make yourself some tea. Unsweetened herbs like green tea, which is not only delicious, but also very healthy, are best.
- Use still water
Carbonated water is not digestible for everyone and causes belching more frequently. So switch to still water!
- Enhance the taste of your water
Does water taste too boring for you? Then help and enhance the taste of the water with herbs and fruits. You will find that you would rather reach for the bottle. For example, lemon wedges go wonderfully with cucumber and mint.
Editor's note: This article contains, among other things, product recommendations. When selecting products, we are free from the influence of third parties. For a mediation via our affiliate links, we receive a commission from the service provider / online shop concerned, with the help of which we can continue to offer independent journalism.
- What are Norway's greatest achievements
- Who decides where our taxes go
- How safe is it to work in Tanzania
- Why is Google Analytics free
- How does vitamin B12 affect your urine
- Is it snowing in Wyoming?
- Anonymous is a force forever
- Is a stapedectomy safe?
- What makes some people smarter than others?
- Is HMAC SHA1 safe
- What are some examples of isoelectronic elements
- How did Peter Norvig start his career
- Why is Orange County so Christian
- How can I learn Python 3 9
- What is the Swiss Challenge Method
- Where did the Hippocratic oath come from?
- How would you fix Brazil
- How do carpet and laminate floors differ?
- Why don't you use a smartphone?
- Who coined the phrase level playing field
- The road to fame is always honorable
- All European royal lines are inbred
- Why are we prone to diabetes infections
- Which AMD processor corresponds to Intel i7