What is the most humane mouse trap
Museum piece: Mousetrap snaps shut after 155 years
155 years ago a manufacturer advertised its product with the name "Perpetual Mouse Traps", which eventually found its way to the depot of the Museum of English Country Life in Reading near London. Now it turns out that he has not exaggerated a bit. Because the good piece struck again. And although it is actually a live trap, the story did not end well for the rodent who chose the most unsuitable sleeping quarters in the whole museum.
Because when a museum employee finally found the oddly "not recorded in the databases" mouse, the animal had already died. The museum reports on the incident on its website. Apparently the mouse bypassed the (modern) pest control measures, crept into the depot and also somehow made it into the glass case with which the museum wants to protect its exhibits from precisely such uninvited guests.
The trap was baited "only with dust", writes the Museum of English Rural Life. The latch mechanism, patented in 1861, is comparatively complicated; it is based on a built-in seesaw that allows access to one of two chambers and then blocks the way back. The mouse was probably busy building a nest and nibbling at the label, then climbed after the inwardly slipped cord that attached the label and was trapped with it. In any case, this is how the museum employees reconstruct the incident that they announced in the middle of last week. The mouse, which has now attracted a lot of media attention, is now to be stuffed and preserved for posterity.
- How common is ageism in Silicon Valley
- Are there doctors who treat insomnia
- Where do you buy a cat
- How can I view a DAT file
- What is the Bitcoin Bubble
- What happened to the raising of children
- What do DoorDashers think of this job
- What is due diligence
- What kind of element is potassium
- What are the beliefs of Cheondoism
- How does monetary policy lower the interest rate
- The Moors discovered Puerto Rico
- What are the best Android tablet apps
- What is the Best Computer for Aging Parents
- What is the stereochemistry of Sn2
- Which items will movers not take?
- India becomes richer than Sri Lanka
- How hot is Sydney
- What is output offset current
- How water floods wells
- What is the Swiss Challenge Method
- Can Adrian Lamo hack the deep web
- How is the vegetable business in India