What are the benefits of garlic milk
Garlic: Healthy bulb with a smell
Opinions are divided when it comes to garlic: some swear by its healing properties, others cannot smell it. But it is precisely its smell that makes it so healthy. The sulfur compounds allicin and ajoene are responsible for this. They arise as soon as the cell walls of the garlic clove are damaged by cutting or squeezing.
Antibiotic against viruses, bacteria and fungi
Allicin and ajoene have a slight blood thinning and antihypertensive effect - this protects against thrombosis, cardiovascular disease and stroke. Above all, however, allicin fights viruses, bacteria and fungi. This is why garlic is also known as a natural antibiotic.
Saponin helps lower cholesterol
The white tubers can do even more: The phytochemical saponin they contain is said to lower excessively high LDL cholesterol levels. For this to work, you have to consume four grams - about one large clove of garlic a day.
Better cut instead of squeezing
The smell of garlic can already be lessened during preparation: To do this, you should cut the garlic and not squeeze it. Because squeezing destroys all cells of the toe. The sulfur compounds leak and it smells especially in the kitchen. On the other hand, if you cut the garlic very finely and add it directly to the dish at the end, the healthy ingredients end up in the food.
Fresh garlic has more flavor than dried garlic
Raw garlic has a pungent, quick-to-dominate taste and a bad aftertaste. If, on the other hand, garlic is processed with oil into a paste that is gently cooked at 70 degrees, some sulfur compounds are destroyed, but the taste is milder and there are still enough healthy substances left. Dried garlic has the least aroma, because a lot of taste is lost during drying and bitter substances develop. Because the transport route is so long and the tubers dry out on the way, garlic from China tastes less aromatic than more European. This also applies to garlic powder. You can recognize fresh garlic by its white to pale purple skin. The tuber must be free from shoots. As soon as you see one or more green shoots, the toes are no longer fresh, but probably already bitter.
Tips against the garlic odor
The allicin in garlic reaches every cell in our body via the blood - and leaves us through our breath and skin. This can take up to 20 hours. Milk or yoghurt against the flag are counterproductive, by the way: Although they soften the smell, they also neutralize the healthy, antibacterial ingredients in garlic.
This helps against the strong smell in the mouth and on the hands:
- Chew parsley, sage, mint or ginger - the essential oils in the herbs dispel bad breath, at least temporarily.
- After eating cardamom or chew some coffee beans for ten minutes.
- Chew lemon pieces - thanks to the acidic ingredients, the smell disappears.
- Rub your hands with a little salt and a few squirts of lemon juice, leave to work for a short time, then rinse off with lukewarm water.
- Rub some coffee grounds into your damp hands and then wash them off thoroughly.
- Wash hands with vinegar and lukewarm water.
- Stainless steel neutralizes odors: If there is no special "stainless steel soap" at hand, simply rub your hands on a stainless steel sink, a stainless steel faucet or a stainless steel spoon and let lukewarm water run over your hands.
Interaction with some drugs
Too much garlic can cause nausea and heartburn. Because it is blood-thinning, garlic can increase the effects of blood-thinning drugs - and even block HIV drugs. Before taking garlic juice, dragees and tablets, it is imperative that you speak to your doctor. However, overdosing on cooking is very unlikely.
Garlic, rapeseed oil, allspice, bay leaves and salt are made into a paste. The spicy garlic paste is suitable for refining oven dishes or dips. more
The garlic and cucumber cream is one of the typical dips in Greek cuisine. In this recipe, it is mixed with quark instead of yoghurt. more
Red lentil dip
The vegan lentil cream goes well with many dishes as a dip, but also tastes great as a spread. Pears give the red lentil dip a fruity note. more
Raw or fried: onions are healthy
They give many dishes their typical taste and are very healthy. What is important when buying and preparing onions - and what helps against watery eyes when cutting? more
This topic in the program:
Visit | 01/29/2019 | 8:15 pm
- Where can I get knowledge about physics
- Will Virat Kohli ever suffer an injury?
- What are your country's mob lynch laws
- Why is the moon important in Islam
- How do you make a music video
- 128GB is enough for a MacBook
- What do you think of Himalaya Pilex
- What are some famous web APIs
- Why do we start to like a person
- What is professional liability
- Is a gorilla stronger than a chimpanzee
- How much emotional capacity do dogs have
- How did Bhutan become the happiest country
- What are cover crops
- What causes vitamin deficiency
- How are narcissists good manipulators?
- When did people emigrate to Canada?
- When will America change?
- Does Islam need a reformation 1
- TSA regards toothpaste as a liquid
- How do you reduce ambiguity
- Did Donald Trump Asperger s
- Americans have morals
- Is Min Yoongi with someone