Is grass a vegetable?
Mulch is a layer of material that is spread around plants. It helps that the soil does not dry out so quickly and that weed growth is suppressed. In addition, the soil under the mulch layer warms up and also stores the heat. Many vegetables love this and grow better as a result. If the mulch rots, it also releases nutrients to the soil and acts like a fertilizer. But be careful!
Mulch such as straw and wood releases nutrients when rotting, but it also removes nitrogen from the soil. More precisely, the microorganisms that decompose the straw consume nitrogen from the soil in this process. Therefore the plants have to be fertilized additionally, preferably with a nitrogenous fertilizer.
Organic mulch material includes plant residues such as straw, wood chips, tree bark or even grass. When it comes to organic materials, a distinction is made between two groups, those that are fresh, finer and rot quickly (grass) and those that rot slowly, such as wood or bark. The fresh, fine mulch materials can be used for almost all plants. Only young plants that are still very sensitive to moisture and microorganisms should not be mulched, as the tender shoots rot quickly.
Straw or wood make sense under plants that stay on the bed for a long time, i.e. are perennial or have a long growing season. Straw is ideal under shrubs and trees, but also under strawberries and rhubarb. Heavy eaters who stand in the bed for a long time, such as cabbage, fruit vegetables, tomatoes, pumpkin and celery, also benefit from the firmer organic mulch materials if enough nitrogen is fertilized.
- Who runs the secretariat
- Has the NEET 2018 paper leaked
- What are people really
- Is beer illegal in Iceland
- Who should be valued more
- What makes Lord's cricket matches so interesting
- Who coined the word philosophy?
- What is the national tree of Syria
- What are the material properties for the floor
- How do I change what I want
- What kind of tree is the 8th
- How do I build a professional network
- Who is Paul Manfort
- Considered a temperature of 99 1 degrees
- What is the disadvantage of a firewall
- Pakistani Pakhtuns marry their cousins
- What are the properties of vitamin D.
- What music did Hitler listen to
- Why does Amazon work
- What religion has the best apologists
- What can slow down the human brain
- What is Load Word Instruction in Mips
- How should I dress my baby?
- What is the full form of the BIOS