Can you copyright a sound effect
Have your own music protected by copyright
The copyright archive can help you to reliably protect your intellectual property. The term intellectual property also includes works from the field of music, such as songs, lyrics, compositions, melodies, beats, audio samples, jingles or complete arrangements. With our expertise, we can help you protect legal issues relating to your music.Now deposit the musical work
How can I protect my works?
To prevent ideas theft, you can store your works in our archive in three simple steps and immediately receive evidence that can be used in court.
You upload your work to our server via a secure connection and enter your personal data.
We provide your work with a time stamp, view it and save it several times.
You will receive a certificate of your deposit and thus a court-usable proof of priority!
Which musical works can I have protected?
Basically, practically all forms of electronic files and documents can be protected with the help of the copyright archive. These include from the field of music amongst other things Compositions, Melodies, Beats, Audio samples, Jingles or complete Arrangements.
At a Jingle in short it is about memorable melodies or one certain tone sequencethat are often used for the design of Commercials be used.
At the Sampling on the other hand, part of an already existing sound or music recording is used in a new musical context. For this purpose, appropriate hardware and software are used to digitize and save the selected sequence so that it can be further processed with the help of an audio program.
- Legal certificate
- No subscription required
- Immediate confirmation by email
- Many file formats
- Payment by invoice
Copyright in works of music
The Copyright Act (UrhG) states in § 2 "works of music" as protected works of art in the event that these are a personal and spiritual creation.
Such a creation does not require that the guidelines of music theory be followed. This means that works of a non-melodic nature can in principle also be protected. Works of music are created through the use of tones. The generation can take place, among other things, by singing, instruments or natural sounds. The protection of a work of music is also not tied to the written form. It does not have to be explicitly in the form of sheet music or written down song lyrics. A musical performance in which the work can be perceived is sufficient to justify protection.
The author is entitled to the exploitation rights, the right of use and the moral rights to his work. In short, this means that the author decides when, where and in what form the respective work is published. He can also establish rights of use for third parties. Record labels or organizers can acquire the right to print sheet music or lyrics, for example, or to play the work at public events.
How does the copyright archive work and how does it help to protect your works and rights?
First of all, it is important that the archiving itself does not create any copyright within the meaning of the Copyright Act. The existence of copyrights is based on legal requirements, such as the achievement of the necessary creative height. In addition to archiving, we would be happy to advise you on the question of whether your work can be protected by copyright.
The copyright archive protects your intellectual property with the help of a so-called priority certificate. The time of creation of the respective work is documented by a lawyer. You will then receive proof of the deposit.
The filing of a work in the copyright archive takes place in three simple steps:
- First you upload your work to our server via a secure connection and also provide us with some personal data.
- In the second step, the work is saved. For this purpose, it is first provided with a time stamp in order to record the time of the deposit. In addition, the work will be viewed by us.
- At the end of the process, you will receive a certificate by email which confirms the deposit and can therefore serve as evidence of priority that can be used in court.
The purpose of the copyright archive is to prevent theft of ideas and imitation. If there is a legal dispute regarding an authorship, you can use the certificate to prove the point in time at which your work was already in existence. The certificate serves as evidence of priorities that can be used in court.
This method can save you a lot of money and effort. Because if you first have to prove your authorship of a work in the course of a legal dispute without having evidence that can be used in court, you cannot focus specifically on the enforcement of your actual claims. By storing them in the copyright archive, you gain not only security, but also important time in the event of a legal dispute.
Do you have any questions about protecting your works?Read FAQ
- What gas is in a street lamp
- Can you grow old unexpectedly
- What is GAFA
- How is the GBPEC Delhi coding culture
- What are the dirty secrets of Bihar
- How to Create a DNA Profile
- Insight data engineering is worth it
- What is your goal for a healthy drink
- What is something that frustrates caretakers
- Which aircraft will the IAF AN32 replace?
- When should I use projects in GitHub
- How can I increase my spontaneity?
- What is the volume formula
- Is it bad to hate the news
- How can I happily study architecture?
- Most liberals are against religion
- What are some useful facts about life
- How many languages did Caesar speak
- Rattlesnake meat is delicious
- What language is Nogay
- Who would win Thanos or Kratos
- Who wrote the first Spanish grammar
- What is Toxic Shock Syndrome
- What are egg rolls made of