How can I open a wine shop
for winemakers, wineries and wine trade
Do you feel the same sometimes? Shopping on the net is not always easy: Especially today it is absolutely necessary for most wineries to sell their wines via their own website. The same rules for good websites that we have already explained to you apply to general visibility on the web. However, there are a number of other points to consider in the webshop of your winery so that you can avoid customer frustration and increase your sales. In this article, we're going to give you a few basic ideas Structure, guidance, legal security and application With.
1. Overview and structure
If you already have a wine webshop, why not open it in the background and put yourself in the shoes of a new customer. (Another winery could be a good example.) Ask yourself the following questions. If you answer no to one question, think about improvements on this point:
- I find the webshop fast (less than 5 seconds search) on the page?
- Is the presentation structured and clear?
- Are your wines clear orderly and delimited from each other?
- Is there Product categories?
- Are the product categories from the customer's point of view makes sense...
- ... or are they just "products" of the winery administration and are of little help?
- Customers are just used to it search: Is it possible to search for the wines quickly?
- Are the prices and all important information immediately and easily recognizable to see?
2. Detectability of the wines
Many winemakers have a large number of wines or other products on their winery website. The following applies here: Don't overwhelm your customers. Don't just store all the information on one large page, but give your wine customers the opportunity to quickly get an overview. Work with a short teaser of the wine description and only provide the most important information such as:
- Wine image of the entire bottle.
- Name or sales title of the wine
- Short teaser of the description
- Wine price
3. Aesthetic design
Many winery websites have poorly resolved images in their web shops that were taken with a mobile phone. In many cases they are out of focus, blurred, placed at an awkward angle or poorly exposed. Even standard images or placeholders do not make a good impression in wine web shops, but quickly appear dubious. This is where the Value of your wines not matter. After all, we wouldn't even buy a smartphone or a sweater on the Internet, for example, that we can't really see in the photo !?
"If your photo is not appealing, your wine is probably not worth being photographed in an appealing way."
This thought could be happening subconsciously in the customer's head. If necessary, you can also store several images for a wine. Start with an appealing complete view and also add pictures of the label or special details.
4. The wine description
The following thought in advance: "Wine is a luxury product. I don't need it (winemakers and wine lovers will object) for life. I can't try it on the website to get an impression. The competition is high and only one Click far away. "
With every wine you have to proceed like a website: The customer usually gets stuck on the title or picture and then decides to take a closer look at the wine. Be it because he already has a specific request or is just browsing and his interest has been aroused. There are different categories of wine customers, which we would like to briefly summarize:
The goal-oriented head type:
The goal-oriented oenologist wants to have all the important information quickly and then decide. Store the mandatory information and the price in an appealing and quickly visible manner, for example in a small one table to the wine. All important points should be listed here. The goal-oriented oenology will only read through the texts as far as we need to. Store suitable dishes or nuances and awards either in this table or, even better, as small pictograms (they are quicker to grasp).
The emotional head cinema type:
This oenologist is buying emotionally. He needs one history to the wine. He wants to imagine, taste and experience the wine. He has different motivations for this: He may need this information for himself or he wants to impress friends with it, to whom he offers the wine. So give him a story about the wine. Make him curious to read on and surprise him with a clever story.
The well-known "time is money" type:
This oenologist already knows their wines. He has a clear idea of what he wants and usually knows what the wine costs. He really just wants to quickly to the goal come and buy the wine. So enable this customer to find a wine quickly and order it directly and without further ado.
5. Confirmation and route guidance
"People are afraid of doing something wrong. So we have to make them feel like they are doing everything right."
Wine customers also like to receive confirmation that they are doing the right thing. Many winery websites and wine webshops don't seem to care what their customers do. Don't let your wine customers down! Guide him through your page. Encourage him to put the wine in the shopping cart now, fill in more fields or read a description:
Bad: "More about that"
Better: "To the award-winning Riesling Spätlese"
Bad: "Strike now"
Good: "Simply order wine at home now"
Better: "Get some of our last bottles of Riesling Spätlese straight to your home now"
Animate without commands and gently guide the wine customer to the end - not only in the newsletter! Also confirm entries on forms with, for example, green ticks after each field. Provide confirmation that oenology is on the right track and is doing something useful. "You almost did it."
We are human, we don't like to do anything wrong and we want to know what is in store at an early stage. Therefore, we quickly become suspicious if someone hides something from us or if conditions suddenly change. This often does not happen in the sense of a deception and is sometimes trained in the input, but is often taken up badly by the customer. Once we are suspicious, we no longer order or, if at all, only after a long hesitation.
- Don't hide anything and give it your all open and above all, easy to find.
- Prices, shipping costs, additional costs are always directly visible on the wine.
- Prices and wines are good comparable.
- Shipping costs should be included in the wine price included to increase comparability. It is better to give a yard discount for customers who pick up the wine directly from you.
The annoying topic of shipping costs: They are necessary, but nobody likes to pay them - statistically, the shipping costs shown in the shopping cart even lead to abandoned purchases. (Sometimes up to 20% with unfavorable positioning / explanation) We have evaluated hundreds of our shops and the result is clear. The shipping cost of a bottle of wine is on average between 40 and 65 cents, and if you do without it, the orders increase measurably.
The best method currently used by many successful wineries is as follows: Add amount X (50 cents is recommended) to every bottle of wine (not only in the shop - preferably also on the price list)! Now you can in the shop, on your website and the price list with a Free shipping advertise. At the same time, you offer one more to all of your customers Farm discount from amount X (50 cents) per bottle. Now, if you want to encourage customers to make bigger purchases, send one to one from time to time Coupon Code with: "With code XXXX from 250 € / 30 bottles get a 12 € discount on shop orders!"
That's a much better communication than the annoying shipping costs :)
7. Make it easy
Make it as easy as possible for your wine customers to order. That sounds trivial now! Each field to be filled in increases the likelihood of a purchase being abandoned. We like to disclose as little as possible about ourselves on the Internet and are quickly annoyed when forms get too long or don't work properly. For example, do you ask about unnecessary items such as fax number, state, telephone or similar? Say goodbye to all fields that are not absolutely necessary for shipping. Fill in the fields in advance (country / payment method etc ...), explain exactly what the fields are for and clearly label them. Check the following points in your wine shop:
- Is the shopping cart button easy to see?
- Can you get to the webshop from any website?
- Do you recognize the webshop as such?
- Can I see how far along I am during the ordering process?
- Does the oenologist receive positive feedback on his actions (green tick, "done right away" ...)?
- Are there distractions when ordering and can these distractions be removed (links, pictures, decisions)?
- Does the customer have to create an account first, or can he order immediately (and optionally create the account afterwards)?
- Does the customer have the option of adding a note to the wine order?
- Can the customer pay quickly and easily in as many ways as possible?
8. QR codes - interface between wine and smartphone
QR codes are small pictograms that can be read by smartphones and redirect wine customers to websites. Wine customers these days often have a smartphone with them when they drink their wine. Here is your chance to encourage customers to buy again. Store QR codes on your wines that will bring customers to the shop. Or even better: the QR codes take your customers straight to the corresponding wine and expertise. Of course, this only works if your webshop is optimized for use with smartphones.
9. Keep an eye on legal texts and legal circumstances
The framework conditions for trading on the Internet often change within a year. What was okay last year can no longer be right now. On the one hand, this concerns the design of the web shop, but also the necessary legal texts such as terms and conditions, cancellation policy, data protection declaration, imprint, etc. On the one hand, the fear of warnings is raised a bit at this point, on the other hand should you of course stick to the specifications exactly. There is probably no solution that relieves you as a seller of this work 100% - in the end it is always your responsibility. Our recommendations for you (all information without guarantee):
- Check your webshop regularly on its functioning and structure. The chambers of handicrafts often issue good brochures on this subject, with which you can go through your web shop and instruct webmasters without specialist knowledge. (Example here.)
- Work with one Lawyer together, who will provide you with terms and conditions and inform you of any changes. With our legal partner, we also offer a service from € 10 mntl. to: Just ask us!
- The best (but also the most expensive) solution is to regularly check the shop with a lawyer who specializes in this topic.
10. Methods of Payment
Still belongs to invoice one of the most popular payment methods in the web shop, as it represents the highest level of security for customers. At the same time, it is only the method of choice for the winery, if at all, for regular customers, as the risk of payment defaults is high. The same also applies to payment via Direct debit, as incorrect account details may be given here or a chargeback can be made within 6 weeks. However, it is still important that you can offer the customer a few different payment methods - here are the most common ones with a high level of reliability:
- Payment in advance: Well known and with a high level of security for the winery. However, it also entails a certain administrative effort for the winery and customer, a high level of trust from the customer and a certain waiting time until the money is received.
- PayPal is definitely the classic: It is comparatively safe, widespread, has no basic fee and is around 2.49% plus 0.35 euros (as of today) commission per order. Many customers already use this service provider, as it offers a comparatively high level of protection for both sides.
- Instant bank transfer: Here customers can simply transfer money directly from their account. This is very convenient as customers do not need an account with this service. Here, too, there is no basic fee and the service is 1.35% plus 0.20 euros (as of today) commission per order. At the same time, however, this service requires a greater degree of overcoming, since it is not yet known to everyone and has to log into their account.
- Credit card: Is the classic of the payment options and there are many providers and therefore also conditions. Weinbau-online.de shops use SumUp for the processing: There is also no basic fee here and a payment costs 1.90% commission per order (as of today). The money is conveniently transferred to your own account after a few days.
With these offers, a shop already has many payment options from almost every country in the world. We have also summarized more ideas on the subject of payments for you in a separate blog post.
11. Constant, meaningful further development and application
As you saw in the previous point, the development on the web never stops and is constantly moving forward. So check your shop regularly and develop it in small pieces continue together with your webmaster. Always advertise your shop in letterheads, newsletters and receipts - make this clearly visible on your homepage. (The information about the vineyards may be meant nicely, but it does not bring you any sales!) The advertising for your business should always lead directly to the shop.
The success here lies in the resistance. Often wineries make a big mistake and expect after a redesign of the shop page (preferably with a new domain) that sales will automatically improve significantly - or that everything works cleanly and is understood by the customers right away. Here's a simple question:
Have you ever seen giants like Amazon, Ebay or Google switch off their pages completely and redesign them again?
Hardly: The professionals observe their customers very closely and try to test and improve your pages step by step. This is not always easy for the layperson, but it can be managed with the right partner. (With the Weinbau-online.de webshop system, we have released 12 versions in the last 4 years, which always incorporate the knowledge and experience of the previous systems.) So make sure that your shop system is in invest in a product that will continue to develop in a structured manner in the future.
The way to your own webshop
If you want to create a new webshop, the Weinbau-online.de team offers various options. Just ask us. From the free, commission-based web shop, to the smartphone-optimized private shop for your own website, to woocommerce and connecting your own shop system, there are many options. You can find more information about the Weinbau-online.de private shop here.
- Why am I so busy with my thoughts
- What is the chemical composition of gasoline
- Can laptops PUBG Which models play
- How to clean awning
- What are the characteristics of a good pizza
- Do athletes need women
- How do I stop dreaming after sleeping
- Why do you like pencil sketches
- Most liberals are against religion
- What is a hindi song
- Are you a Sikh by any chance?
- What is the story of Mary Magdalene
- Are Italian songs known outside of Italy
- What do you think of kids who curse
- What is Rankine How is it measured
- Who would win orcs or elves?
- What is the role of a pastor
- Why does boron form a covalent bond
- Can the Kavanaugh Confirmation be canceled?
- Why is meteorology important to study
- In which countries are cigarette advertising prohibited?
- Which state was Wisconsin
- What is the psychiatric treatment for IBS
- What are split ends in hair