Killed the OSS George S. Patton
Douglas Bazata (1911; July 14, 1999 in Chevy Chase, Maryland) was a Jewish officer in the United States Army during World War II and an employee of the Office of Strategic Services (OSS). According to his own statement from 1979, he was responsible for the death of George Smith Patton.
Bazata came from a Jewish family in Lebanon, served in the US Army and was a member of the Jedburghs, an elite American airborne unit that was deployed during the Normandy invasion of France to organize the resistance of the Resistance against the Wehrmacht. After the Second World War he studied viticulture in Paris, began expressionist painting and worked as an entertainer (pseudonym Douglas DeWitt). He gave i.a. Performances for the royal family of Monaco.
Bazata's information on the Patton assassination attempt
The assassination is said to have been carried out by OSS General William J. Donovan (Wild Bill Donovan) have been ordered. Donovan is said to have told him:
- “It's a terrible situation with this patriot. He's out of control. We have to protect him from himself and make sure he doesn't ruin everything the Allies have achieved ”.
Bazata arranged a car accident. When Patton's vehicle came to a halt, he shot him in the neck with a low-speed projectile. Patton was taken to a hospital while all other inmates were unharmed. In the hospital, he was placed in an isolation ward. Patton is said to have been killed there with an injection of cyanide, which Bazata himself did not carry out. According to him, this was done by an NKVD agent in the service of the US Army. Bazata is said to have received $ 10,000 for the murder. Bazata made these statements on September 25, 1979 at the Hilton Hotel in Washington in front of around 450 high-ranking guests and former OSS members.
- “For various political reasons, many people in very high positions hated Patton. I know who killed him because I was the man hired to do it. Ten thousand dollars. General William J. 'Wild Bill' Donovan himself, Director of the OSS, has entrusted me with this assignment. I staged an 'accident'. Since he did not die in this accident, he was kept in isolation in the hospital and killed there with a cyanide injection. "
- Robert K. Wilcox: Target Patton: The Plot to Assassinate General George S. Patton, Sep 9, 2014, Regnery History; Reprint edition (in English)
- Are there INTP logicians with low IQ
- Is an 85 a B or B.
- Can Ila Tripathi share her notes
- Where are the pits of hell?
- What are your favorite books on religion
- How does technology change our brain
- How does injection molding work
- What are quantum numbers in chemistry
- How late is Pizza Hut delivering
- What alcohol can be mixed with beer
- Why don't cats attack snakes?
- What kind of people are negligent
- What is more important makeup or husband
- Where did Kelvin come from
- Are all tweets geo-localized
- Why isn't the processing of my donation chirping
- You can freeze a cooked fruit cake
- How has the English alphabet changed
- How will gambling affect college players
- Can neuroplasticity or neurogenesis increase human intelligence
- Who can see you online on WhatsApp
- How many SSL certificates can I use
- Feature phones are really easier to use
- What is the origin of spy aircraft