What is the oldest beer
Possibly the world's oldest brewery discovered in Israel
The archaeologists made the spectacular find during excavations in the Rakefet cave south of the Israeli coastal city of Haifa. Alcoholic beverages are said to have been made here in a brewery around 13,000 years ago. "If we are not mistaken, this is the oldest evidence of alcohol production worldwide," said archeology professor Daniel Nadel from the University of Haifa of the AFP news agency.
Alcoholic beverages of great importance
The investigated rock cave served as a burial place for people in the Natufian culture (12,500 to 10,000 BC). According to the archaeologists, the dead were buried here on a platform covered with flowers and plants. In addition, there "apparently a liquid was made that is reminiscent of soup, but was actually an alcoholic drink." The researchers believe that a beer-like drink was produced in the cave that was consumed at festivals. It contained significantly less alcohol than today's beer, but it was fermented.
Scientists in Rakefete: Was this where the first beer was brewed?
According to Nadel and his colleagues, the enormous effort that the members of the Natufien made to produce alcohol suggests that the drink must have been of great importance. The location of the storage chambers discovered by the archaeologists in the rock cave also suggests that alcohol production was "linked to ceremonies or other social activities," said Nadel. Grain was stored in two 40 to 60 centimeter deep pits, and a third one was probably used for fermentation.
The results of the research, in which scientists from Stanford University were also involved, were published in the journal "Journal of Archeological Science: Reports".
fs / ka (with AFP)
- What women work at Silicon Valley startups
- Why the Himalayas are called young fold mountains
- Are camels related to horses
- Occurs magnetism in a vacuum
- Which Apple iPhone is the least durable?
- Which is the best TISSNET coaching institute
- Why is Hans Zimmer's music so calming
- Why do we sweat in summer
- What is Forrst
- Do fraudsters have a conscience
- Are black lives really important
- What is forbidden in Vatican City
- What kind of people have 29 teeth
- How do you deal with temptation
- Why do tracer laps seem to be jumping
- How do I ask customers for testimonials
- FWB occurs in India
- What is the most humane mousetrap
- Should a man have piercings
- Steve Jobs was good at making friends
- What is the definition of volatility
- How do sleeping pills affect the body?
- Airbnb hosts collect fees for stained linen
- Why is the moon important in Islam