Anxiety can make you sleep more
When your child is afraid of sleeping alone
Growing independence is sometimes frightening - especially at night
With the second year of life, children become noticeably more independent, but still need the reassurance of their parents when they move away from them and try new things. The urge for independence often alternates with a strong need for closeness and security.
The safer and more cared for your child during the day, the less they are afraid of separation in the evening and at night when it is bedtime. The experience of being secure helps the child deal with possible fears. They know that they can rely on their caregivers.
Especially at night, the fear of being alone and separated from their parents can easily gain the upper hand in small children. So it is not unusual at this age when a child suddenly finds it difficult to fall asleep again or wakes up at night and calls for the parents. Many a child, who had already reliably slept through the night in their little bed, suddenly crawls under their parents' duvet at night on a regular basis.
In this phase, cuddly blankets, teddy bears or other dolls have a special meaning for the child and are his constant companions because they are, as it were, objects of reference that facilitate and bridge the time of being alone. The children talk to their cuddly toy, tell him about their experiences - and so can calm down. Sometimes a little light can help with the fear in the dark nursery, or the door is ajar so the child knows that someone is nearby.
How pronounced these nocturnal fears and their possible effects on sleep behavior are, however, varies from child to child. Even among siblings, there can be clear differences here.
- Will Trump start a nuclear war soon?
- Where can I get data structure notes
- What are your fencing challenges
- Why do companies need a letter of guarantee?
- Which is better Manga or Marvel
- What is the audible frequency range
- An infinite universe can be contingent
- What is DNA and RNA polymerase
- Chrome is nicer than Firefox
- Which 5 words teach a valuable lesson
- What does the word Joydeep mean
- How much does the PMP exam cost
- Why don't people live in Pompeii
- How safe is laparoscopic surgery
- Why do FedEx Dropboxes have envelopes
- How would artificial intelligence take over
- Is distilling water dangerous?
- What are the different types of literature
- Regret becoming a music director
- Is there a treatment for hair loss
- What are the advantages of a patent
- What is the nature of reality
- Which words should be banned?
- What are top films in Nepalese language