What could LucasArts have done differently?
LucasArts - Today's adventure classics developed due to the lack of a Star Wars license
LucasArts closed in 2013 - after 31 years.
Game designer legend Ron Gilbert gave a keynote address at the PAX Australia game fair, which took place in Melbourne from July 19 to 21. In it, the ex-LucasArts employee also revealed that the development studio, which has now been closed, will probably never have today's adventure classics such as Maniac Mansion, Monkey Island or Grim Fandango would have come about if you could have made Star Wars games.
"I'm sure if we could have made Star Wars games back then, we wouldn't have done anything else," says Gilbert. “The fact that we couldn't make games with the Star Wars license liberated us creatively in a certain way that we didn't even understand at the time. Without this freedom there would have been no Monkey Island, Maniac Mansion, Grim Fandango or Loom. Sometimes constraints and limits can be the driving force for innovation and inspiration. "
Even before LucasArts was founded, the license for Star Wars games had already been granted to an external development team. This forced the studio to orientate itself differently. LucasArts was closed by Disney in 2013. Ron Gilbert was part of the studio from 1985 to 1995 and was instrumental in the LucasArts Adventures of the late 80s and 90s.
Monkey Island - Watch the legendary adventure series
- Where will the next Olympic Games go bankrupt next?
- How were the air battles in World War II
- Where can I download Fairy Tail synchronized
- Why do our parents irritate us so easily
- Newspaper journalism is dead
- Universities in India for Supply Chain Management
- How to walk properly in stilettos
- What is the best subject in school
- Is RM a good rapper
- Aquaman is overrated
- How can we grow in the supply chain
- Can a paycheck expire
- Which bike is perfect for students
- What is a favorite Christian song of a teenager
- Is it rude to be snarky?
- Why do bears have fur
- Is it bad to take a quick shower?
- What happens after death 45
- What is a net sales
- Is mint tea good for you
- What language is Nogay
- What are Wikipedia's KPIs
- What gods they worshiped in Cairo
- Russell Wilson has passed his heyday