What is a double surface coating
The individual raised access floor panels can either consist of wood-based materials or calcium sulfate-based materials, the height-adjustable supports are usually made of steel, and support head supports are also part of the system. Grid bars for load-bearing and / or sealing functions can also be used. The floor covering is applied to the raised access floor panels. This can be done either in the factory during the manufacture of the raised access floor elements or afterwards on site during the construction project.
Raised floors offer ideal conditions for installations, but can lead to acoustical problems. For this reason, appropriate bulkheads must be taken into account at the planning stage, i.e. raised floors make high demands in advance of installation. This does not only refer to the sound insulation, the dimensional change behavior and the expansion joints. The floor / floor coverings must also be installed / laid in such a way that they can be removed at any time in order to ensure subsequent installations or changes to the installations. As a rule, for these reasons, floor / usable coverings are fixed on raised floors, which also places increased demands on the floor coverings in terms of dimensional stability. Raised floors are specified in the DIN EN 12825 raised floors.
Raised floors can be designed as displacement air floors. With this system, which has proven itself particularly in assembly, meeting and conference rooms, the supply air is guided through special raised floor panels with air outlet slots. This ventilation principle benefits the natural behavior of heated room air. It leads the amount of heat given off by man and machine directly to the ceiling, through which it is returned to the ventilation or air conditioning system. Usually air volumes between 40 - 80 m³ / hm² are required for the ventilation of such rooms. A targeted arrangement of the slotted panels enables the displacement air floor to be adapted to the actual air conditions in the room.
Source: Institute for Floor Construction, Torsten Grotjohann, Overath
Photo credits: Ortloff, Hohenroth (1); Floor Atlas, Quo Vado, Donauwörth 2004 (2)
Expertise on the subject
Types and areas of application of system floors
Installations for computer technology and telecommunications as well as special technical applications make it necessary that ...
For hollow floors (which are also referred to as hollow floors), DIN EN 13213 hollow floors apply with regard to the specification. These...
In the commercial and commercial sector, cable guides that run horizontally through the floor are often required. An alternative to double ...
Spring air soils: types and functioning
Spring air floors - in practice also often referred to as climatic floors - currently have a rapidly growing market ...
Spring air floors: floor coverings and notes
Since the conditioned air enters the room air not only via the displacement air floor construction but also via the usable surface, ...
- Which psychotherapy books does a psychotherapist read?
- Is a negation a belief
- Did Donald Trump Asperger s
- Is fibrosis a form of cancer
- Gourmet is a real word
- How do I repair my guitar pickup
- How is it that most dentists do not accept Medicaid?
- Why you should want to visit Finland
- What is the 3rd dimension in physics
- Is it bad getting cash advances?
- Who invented the Android mascot robot
- What is Christopher Nolan currently working on
- What is your greatest contribution to life
- How can I compare real estate agents
- Russia accepts North Korean refugees
- The seventh dimension is inconceivable
- How did you become a UX designer?
- What is metoprolol
- How much does weight affect a 5k
- Which crystal is used in LCDs
- Why did the bears sign Mike Glennon?
- Who is the Wikipedia founder
- What alcohol can be mixed with beer
- America is an atheist country