Why is skipping rope a good exercise
Jumping rope: the best variations of the intense cardio exercise
For a quick warm-up or as an intensive cardio unit for in between or as part of a high-intensity interval training (HIIT): Jumping rope is an extremely effective exercise that gets your heart rate up in seconds.
Anyone who only thinks of monotonous hopping is wrong: Because jumping rope can be designed in a very versatile manner and thus appeal to all motor skills - endurance, strength, speed, coordination and flexibility.
After all, a number of muscle groups are activated during this plyometric exercise.
Nice side effect: if you give everything and bring your heart rate to the maximum range, you don't have to jump that long to "burn off" a few more calroes after the workout in the resting state.
Which muscles are being trained?
In addition to the legs, which are mainly used for performing the jumps, some muscle strands in the upper body are also required here - these ensure the necessary body tension when jumping.
- Quadriceps & Hamstrings
- Calf muscles
Auxiliary muscles: Triceps, hand flexors, back extensors, deltoids, straight abs, adductors.
Depending on the variant selected, more intense stimuli can also be sent to the working muscle groups.
Tip for professionals: Depending on your fitness level, you can also use weight cuffs to train even more intensively.
In order to hold out the jumping units for as long as possible, you should also pay attention to deep and even breathing during the execution.
The correct technique for jumping rope
In contrast to skipping rope jumping from childhood, the correct technique is very important in athletic rope jumping - then the cardio unit becomes really effective.
We will now show you what is important when it comes to execution and which variants you can use to alternate jumping rope.
Classic jumping rope
- Start in an upright position with your hands at about hip height.
- Now jump off the ground with both legs and swing the rope from behind over your head forwards.
- Do not hit the ground until the rope is under your feet and then jump back up without jumping.
Tip: While jumping, keep your core tense by consciously pulling in your belly button.
Skipping rope is the same as skipping rope? That's not true! The models available can make a big difference in handling.
Further variants for jumping rope
So that you don't get bored during your jump rope sessions, you can of course make this simple exercise varied with different variants:
1. Jump rope jumping jacks
|Trained:||Legs, calves, buttocks, arms, shoulders, stomach|
|Difficulty:||difficult, especially for coordination|
|Note:||Do not get tangled in the rope when standing wide|
|Trained:||Legs, calves, buttocks, core|
|Note:||Keep your upper body as straight as possible|
3. One-legged skipping rope
|Note:||Pay attention to a soft landing, if you have knee problems please don't|
4. One-legged jumping rope with a leg change
|Trained:||Legs, calves, buttocks, arms, shoulders, core|
|Note:||Pull your back foot as high as possible|
5. Jump cross skipping rope
|Trained:||Legs, calves, buttocks, arms, shoulders, core and above all: coordination|
|Note:||Crossing takes some practice and a little patience, don't think too much about it, just practice!|
- What are fuzzy sets and rough sets
- What is your preferred outline method
- Why do people in NYC always rush
- What is the best AI system
- How did Neoplatonism ruin modern Christianity
- Can you name poisonous animals
- Is it Safe to Cook Frozen Pork?
- Do you ever want to cease to exist?
- How can you help a broken hearted woman?
- What is the most recommended paint spray gun
- Why are our asses soft and mushy
- Says I'm not happy, an excuse
- Are you a topper in the UPSC
- Can scientists ever be spiritual or religious?
- Why don't microorganisms grow in honey?
- What's the best way to be positive
- Can a CS student apply for IAS
- Is the air pressure greater than the fluid pressure?
- What are your Bay Area Driving Hacks
- What is a good competitive programming strategy
- How did Adolph Hitler come to power?
- How long does a context change take
- Why do some people like monotony
- Emits bluetooth radiation
- Are taxi providers like OLA reducing employment?
- Unilever is an Israeli company
- Are there websites for used books
- How often do IIT students take exams
- Who designed the Milwaukee Art Museum
- Show jealousy real love
- Is nitrogen gas harmful to breath
- How do I hack my PUBG account
- How should I train for ACM ICPC
- What if Arya Stark married Robin Arryn?