Have Vitamix blender glass containers
Plastic or glass? This is what matters when it comes to the mix container
There is now a large selection of high-performance mixers with which not only simple shakes, but also nut butters, soy milk, smoothies from cellulose-rich vegetables and ice cream can be made. The mixers differ not only in shape and performance, but also in terms of materials. But what exactly is important when it comes to the mix container?
The demands on high-performance mixers are high: they should literally turn fruit and vegetables, ice cream, grain, nuts or beans into puree in no time at all and at high speeds. Important points that are important when choosing the mixing container are, for example
- Sufficient capacity (not too big, not too small),
- good accessibility so that the content can be easily removed,
- easy to clean, because the food to be mixed quickly settles in cracks and corners,
- Freedom from pollutants such as B. Bisphenol A (BPA),
- Robustness, because the high-performance mixer really gets down to business!
Why high-performance mixers don't have glass containers
High-performance mixers are actually always delivered with containers made of hard plastic. Compared to a glass blender jug, this may seem cheap at first, but there is a good reason. Because high-performance mixers turn much faster than a classic mixer with a glass container. Many a mixer easily manages 30,000 revolutions per minute.
If the container of the high-performance mixer were made of rigid glass, it would hardly be able to compensate for the forces acting here - the container would quickly burst into a thousand pieces with harder food. Hard plastic has a significantly higher elasticity and therefore has a balancing effect. Glass has many advantages over plastic - but with high-performance blenders, you should prefer a plastic blender jug.
If you just want to sip a smoothie made of soft fruits from time to time, a glass container is also well advised. The advantage: glass containers are easier to clean and do not scratch as quickly as plastic containers.
BPA: plasticizers in the blender jar?
Plastic doesn't have a particularly good reputation. Documentations such as "Plastic Planet" have shown which pollutants can be found in plastic. For example bisphenol A or BPA. BPA is an additive for plasticizers, has a hormone-like effect and is said to impair fertility. From the point of view of the European Commission, bisphenol A does not pose a risk to consumers when used properly. Still, consumers are concerned and are demanding BPA-free products.
The major mixer manufacturers have recognized this customer request and developed BPA-free mixing containers. They usually also clearly indicate this in their product information. However, dozens of chemicals are used in the manufacture of plastics - for example, bisphenol S is often used instead of bisphenol A. Bisphenol S is not supposed to have a hormonal effect, but it is also not as well researched as bisphenol A. There are no chemical-free plastic containers. This also applies to containers made of triphenylmethane or tritane.
But that shouldn't worry you too much, because if the food to be mixed only stays in the container for a short time, it only has brief contact with the mixing jar. If you want to be on the safe side, you can transfer smoothies etc. into glass containers after the mixing process.
>>> More than 5,100 have it: Vegan newsletter!
Author: Kilian Thirty
- What is your opinion on the Overwatch fan base
- All living beings have consciousness
- How many universities are there in India
- What are the examples of public monopoly
- How quickly does water evaporate
- What are BNF grammar examples
- How to learn perfect continuous English
- How modern is the infrastructure of Palau
- What is CLA1L
- What is the best rigid inflatable boat
- Why do companies need a letter of guarantee?
- Who is Sunil Gangopadhyay
- What are some good hookah lounge names
- Why is it not common to record from DVD players?
- What are heterotrophic plants
- How many eggs do black mambas lay
- Where can I find bridal clutches
- A $ 20 tip is good
- Why does the Plutos atmosphere collapse
- What are the examples of public monopoly
- What is the psychology behind propaganda
- What is the parallax formula
- How tall are Tesla cars
- What is the difference between gasoline and D2