How do you treat a knee injury
Sports injuries are part of everyday life for every footballer. Also for our world champion favorite Manuel Neuer from FC Bayern Munich. Some time ago he had to end the team training early because he had severe pain in his knee. The expert Helmut M. K. Weiberlenn from Hamburg explains how knee injuries arise and how they can be treated.
Our knees are exposed to constant stress. When climbing stairs alone, they have to withstand several times our body weight. Just like dancing, running, jumping etc. The knee joint is a true high-performance joint, which perfectly unites ligaments, tendons, muscles, menisci, kneecaps and bones in order to cope with these loads. However, this structure can wear out over time. Not only older people are at risk, but also athletes.
What are the most common knee injuries?
The acute meniscus tear
An acute meniscus tear is usually the result of a previous knee injury. It is caused by excessive twisting of the joint, as is often the case in sports. In the case of a meniscus tear, the anterior cruciate ligament tear is usually also affected.
Injuries to the ligaments
These injuries are caused by extreme forces acting on the knee joint, for example in the event of a fall. The anterior cruciate ligament and the inner ligament are often affected. A distinction is made between a crack, a partial crack and a strain. The most severe form is the anterior cruciate ligament tear on the knee, as it has to be operated on frequently.
Knee fractures and fractures
Fractures and fractures are often caused by a serious twisting injury, indirect blows to the bone, a fall, or an accident.
The kneecap dislocation
The kneecap can twist outwards, which can damage the cartilage and soft tissues.
What are emergency measures in the event of a knee injury?
Immediately immobilize the affected knee joint and do not put any more weight on it, cool the joint with cold packs, for example, apply a compression bandage and elevate the knee to prevent swelling.
Why are knee supports more effective?
So that swelling doesn't stand a chance in the next few days, I recommend a knee bandage. Compared to a classic bandage, a bandage has the great advantage that it exerts targeted pressure on the nearby tissue and on the joint. In addition, it does not cut in and does not slip. This not only prevents swelling, but also prevents fluid from accumulating. Another important effect is faster healing, as the bandage improves blood circulation, which means that the tissue is better supplied. Bandages with side bars, which stabilize and relieve the joint, are particularly recommended.
What is adequate prevention of knee injuries?
Regular and effective exercise is essential to preventing knee injuries. Sports like cycling or swimming strengthen the muscles in the knee. Obesity is also a major risk factor as it puts unnecessary stress on the knees. The knee is particularly stressed when crouching, and heel and lotus positions from yoga practice also favor knee injuries.
Treat knee injuries in Hamburg with the expert Helmut M. K. Weiberlenn
Anyone looking for a specialist in sports injuries of any kind is best advised with Helmut M. K. Weiberlenn. He is a specialist in the fields of orthopedics and sports medicine. Thanks to his numerous additional qualifications, he can guarantee optimal all-round care.
You can find more information about knee injuries on our website or in a personal conversation. It is best to make an appointment directly!
- What is the fastest IPTV box
- Leaving Diego Athletico Madrid
- What inspires business intelligence analysts
- Is the CCP a fascist party?
- Is New York really heaven for you
- What's your new favorite board game
- How does sedimentation affect a coral reef?
- How do you get children to sit still
- What products and services is Airbnb missing
- Which beer doesn't taste like beer?
- Gandalf was inspired by Santa Claus
- Look at the results for the first year by employers
- Who Justin Spahr Summers
- What programs do game developers use
- We inspire executives to act
- Which USB stick should I buy?
- What can slow down the human brain
- How plausible are wormholes
- Can derivatives be defined as anti-integrals
- What is local food of japan
- How do I start programming in C ++
- Have you ever looked into the void
- What is meant by under-absorption
- What are the benefits of cultured buttermilk
- Where are you going for the spring break
- What is the best CMA prep book
- Why would Tesla employees want to unionize?
- What is a mule deer
- How much can you compromise for love
- What are the benefits of brain entrainment
- Who are Snapchat's competitors in 2019
- Why does the iPhone not have FM
- Which units define electrical potential energy
- What is the use of anthracite coal