What are the protein sources 1
Protein Foods: The Best Sources of Protein
The absolute minimum that an adult should consume in protein daily is 13 to 17 grams per day. That is the value that the body would break down on a daily basis with a completely protein-free diet. However, a deficiency would still arise because the organism cannot convert the protein supplied to it 1: 1 into its own protein.
The recommendation of the German Nutrition Society is therefore 0.8 grams per day and kilo of body weight. An adult (weight 70 kilograms) should consume around 56 grams of protein from protein-containing foods - for example in the form of 100 grams of lentils, 100 grams of chicken breast and 150 grams of yogurt (cow's milk).
A total of ten to 20 percent of the total daily calorie intake ideally consists of protein. There are enough foods that meet this need, because protein exists in animal and vegetable form. In addition to animal sources such as meat and dairy products, it is also found in legumes and soy products, for example.
Protein-containing foods: clever combinations of protein suppliers
Experts recommend combining proteins from different sources whenever possible. On the one hand, because this is how you make sure that you get all the essential amino acids. Not all protein products contain the same building blocks. On the other hand, because the protein in the diet cannot be converted 100 percent into the body's own protein. The more that can be used by the organism, the higher the so-called biological value of the respective food.
Animal protein is more similar to the body's own and can therefore be better "incorporated". Protein-containing foods in this category usually also contain more fat and cholesterol, but less complex carbohydrates and fiber than vegetable sources. If you mix the two, both the amino acids and the other nutrients complement each other very well. As a rule of thumb, always combine vegetable and animal foods with protein for high biological value, for example potatoes with fried eggs (an unbeatable protein duo), lentils with poultry sausage or couscous with feta.
Protein-rich foods: Table of protein-rich foods
This list is just an excerpt from the large number of foods high in protein. In it you will find animal protein sources, protein-rich vegetables and legumes, as well as other plant-based protein-rich foods. List and quantities included.
Protein-containing foods: Protein content (g / 100g)
Vegetable proteins: table of protein foods: protein content (g / 100g)
Protein-containing foods: overdose
Read in the article Protein Requirements how much protein-rich foods you should eat every day to meet your needs and what can lead to protein-rich foods in the body.
Protein-containing foods: Vegan sources of protein
Getting your daily requirement through plant-based, protein-rich foods alone is somewhat more difficult than through a protein-rich diet that includes both sources. But it is not impossible if you know which protein-rich foods to choose.
A simple option is to use highly concentrated protein powder made from soy or wheat. Such supplements are not necessary even for (endurance and strength) athletes, because seitan, tofu and other soy products, nuts, beans and legumes in general as well as whole grains and cereals (quinoa, rye) are good examples protein foods without animal components. But here, too, the following applies: Eat as varied as possible and combine in order to absorb all amino acids.
Author & source information
- How do pylons reduce air resistance?
- What is a hindi song
- Believe in previous life relationships
- What damage could toothpaste do to teeth?
- Whose signature is this 1
- How quickly can I learn to juggle
- WW2 bomber pilots had wills
- How do you reduce ambiguity
- Can the escape speed be reduced?
- Why do raw onions cause bad breath
- Why are conservatives the best
- Can I marry 5 men
- NIFT Shillong is a great option
- What's the latest in pest control
- Are there any indications of chi
- Is the pressure similar to the density?
- Are cancellable contracts enforceable
- Who is the stronger Barry or Flash
- Parts of Alaska are warm
- Should I buy redmi 3s prime
- How do I stop being obsessed with her
- What words express disgust in Mexican Spanish?
- How do you get to know people after graduation
- Does Lenovo x2 AP get a voltage update
- Can bees fly in a straight line
- Is the Yamaha showroom profitable
- Can the quality of knowledge be measured
- How often do IIT students take exams
- Why are oncologists assholes
- Why will India surrender to Pakistan
- Should I continue to use Facebook Why
- Created Rowland Hussey Aeropostale
- Why Americans are so cool
- Coffee really does reduce cellulite