How did Arnold Schwarzenegger become a politician
Arnold Schwarzenegger as a politician
Arnold Schwarzenegger is best known around the world as a bodybuilder and as an actor in numerous action films. However, he was also heavily involved in American politics a few years ago. With this short article, we give you an overview of the Austrian's political career, which should extend to the governor of California.
Schwarzenegger is a member of the Republican Party, he is also a member of an association of Republicans who appear moderate. They are less conservative than the rest of the party and call themselves the Republican Main Street Partnership. In his early years, Schwarzenegger was not politically active. He hardly appeared in public and did not use his fame as a bodybuilder and actor as a springboard for a political career. It was not until 1990 that the then US President George W. Bush appointed him chairman of the national fitness and sports council.
A major step towards a political career then took place in 2003. Schwarzenegger announced on August 7th that he would run for the office of governor of California. Schwarzenegger added well-known names such as billionaire Warren Buffet, one of the richest people in the world, and George P. Shultz, who had previously been US Secretary of State, to his campaign team. The reason for his decision was that the then incumbent Democratic Party, Gray Davis, had been voted out with a sufficient number of votes.
In the new elections that followed, Schwarzenegger was able to confidently prevail with 48% of the vote. The runner-up Lieutenant Governor Cruz Bustamente could only win 31% of the vote. This allowed Schwarzenegger to prevail against 99 other candidates. On November 17, 2003, he was sworn in as the 38th governor of the state of California and ruled the state for one legislative term. During his reign he caused much controversy at home and abroad.
- How do I change my Yahoo email
- Provides Accenture Accommodation
- Is the French Revolution good or bad
- What is the inversion table used for?
- What are the functions of areolar tissue
- Is WD 40 penetrating oil
- OpenTable is integrated with the restaurant's POS system
- Pakistani Pakhtuns marry their cousins
- How do I find online MBA courses
- What are business insights
- Does true love ever hurt
- Dress up hipsters for Halloween
- What is frequency modulation
- Japan will break free from the US
- What is an electronic controller
- Which unfaithful Kurfuerst shocked you the most
- Have you ever created software
- Why do people make old music new
- What's exciting in your life now
- What products and services is Airbnb missing
- What is the term Dritex Malware
- Make jackals good pets
- What's next after ECE Polytechnic