What is Delhi to you
Hanisauland: Lexicon @todo: from Preprocess
- Official name:
- Republic of India
- Hindi, English, plus 21 regional languages
- 1.35 billion
- National holiday:
- January 26; day of the Republic
India is located in the south of Asia and is surrounded by a lot of sea: in the west by the Arabian Sea, in the south by the Indian Ocean and in the east by the Bengali Sea. In the north lies the Himalayas, the highest mountains on earth. Here India also borders on its neighboring countries Pakistan, China, Nepal, Bhutan, Bangladesh and, in the northeast, on Myanmar. The climate in India is predominantly subtropical and is characterized by the Indian monsoons with sometimes heavy rainfall.
India is a parliamentary-democratic republic. With over 1.3 billion inhabitants, the country is considered the largest democracy in the world. Just as there are federal states in Germany, there are federal states in India. India is fighting over the Kashmir region with neighboring Pakistan. Both countries want Kashmir all for themselves. A solution to the conflict is currently not in sight.
India is a country with one of the oldest cultures in the world. Cultural evidence has been found from around 4,500 years ago. There are very old impressive buildings in India. The magnificent Taj Mahal is particularly well known. The tomb, studded with precious stones, was built by an Indian ruler almost 400 years ago.
India gained independence in 1947. Before that it was a colony of Great Britain for a long time. The well-known resistance fighter Mahatma Gandhi played a major role in India's independence as the leader of the independence movement. He was particularly famous for his belief in nonviolent resistance.
Slums and child labor
Today India is one of the most important economic powers in the world. But not all Indians can benefit from the economic strength of their country. There are families who live in great prosperity, but very many people live in abject poverty. On the outskirts of large cities, such as Mumbai and Calcutta, many people live in slums. There is a lack of clean water, food and medical care. Many children cannot even go to school. You have to go to work to support your parents.
Origin of a world religion
Hinduism, the third largest religion in the world, emerged in India more than 4000 years ago. To this day, most of the Indians are followers of Hinduism, i.e. Hindus. This also explains why the world's largest number of cattle are in India, but beef is rarely eaten: cows are sacred in India and must not be consumed.
Some like it spicy
The Indians like to eat well seasoned. Curry is a typical Indian spice and there are over 100 different ways of preparing curry sauce. By the way, eating with a knife and fork is not considered fine in India. Anyone who believes in tradition uses the right hand to eat. It is also common for women to eat after the men and guests.
- Why are most Quorans not Muslim
- What is your current opinion on television
- How is Nepal for a vacation
- Is the Chaos Walking trilogy worth reading
- What's your rating of Polyphasic Sleep
- Which engineering branch has at most girls
- Can the reservation only be terminated after the monarchy
- Have you ever kissed in a hammock
- Harry and Meghan have twins
- Why do some Indians not watch Bollywood films
- Can I update a newly packaged game?
- Artificial intelligence is a programming language
- Can a broken cheese sauce be repaired?
- Difference between extractive and azeotropic distillation
- What is Banas Digital Marketing
- What is the difference between Hulu Plus and Netflix
- Can I use Android for Bitcoin mining?
- Where can you sell junk cars
- How to take notes for the gate check
- Is it worth embarking on a trip to London
- What is containment in political science
- How will the loss of the house affect Trump
- Germans like Spain
- Is the term political science an oxymoron
- Why are photons constant
- I'm 16 should watch porn
- How are the ShiftWear shoes made
- How the software developer spent life on the weekend
- How predictive are the ratings of Morningstars mutual funds
- How did you find your tribe
- Is Arduino mainly in C.
- How do you practice a language
- Why are memories of dreams discontinuous
- Can study BA in IIT