What is sterol
Sterol, Sterol, Stenol, unsaturated, tetracyclic secondary alcohols, which contain three linked cyclohexane rings and a cyclopentane ring as the basic structure. The saturated analogs of the sterols are called Stanol designated. Sterols are one from the C30-Sterol-derived group of biosynthetically formed compounds which are widespread as part of the cell membranes of eukaryotic organisms. Due to their long and flat shape, they support the stability of the cell membrane. The flat shape of the sterol is ensured by the presence of all ring molecules in the chair configuration with the trans position of the ring junctions, the 8β (H), 9α (H), 10β (CH3), 13β (CH3), 14α (H), 17α (H), 20R configuration. For this reason, only this configuration is formed biosynthetically, although a large number of chiral centers are present and theoretically more than 250 diastereomers (stereoisomerism) would be possible. Since isomerizations occur preferentially at the C-14-, C-17- and at the C-20-carbon atom during the diagenesis, the biologically formed configuration of the sterol becomes 14α (H), 17α (H), 20R-configuration or short αα (20R) configuration. During the diagenesis, the corresponding sterane is formed from the sterols. A common sterol is cholesterol. [SB]
- Is the Chromebook Pixel worth the price
- Amity students receive backlogs easily
- Why was genealogy so important to Israel
- You can travel forever
- What do you think about ghosting
- Are there business challenges in India?
- Have evil narcissistic HSPs gone bad
- How can I study dentistry abroad
- Why are so many people leaving TechCrunch
- The seventh dimension is inconceivable
- Which myths about France disturb you
- Who is Fred Meyer supporting?
- Heat blisters can become infected
- Is it weird to collect your thoughts
- Where can I download Markdown
- What are the main inbound marketing models
- What is the speed of the Voyager
- What is meant by mixture
- What is an esports player
- Symptoms of HIV are immediate
- Are there doctors who treat insomnia
- How can bricklayers increase meeting attendance
- Was Charles' law a law at all?
- What are catwalks for?