Do you like DiGiorno Pizza
Super fast, low in fat, sugar free: what more could you want? This frozen yogurt is the perfect summer snack for those who like to snack on low calories!
Making frozen yogurt yourself is really no art. With my healthy frozen yoghurt recipe without sugar, egg, cream and the like, you will have a refreshing summer snack in no time. 5 minutes to prepare, 10 minutes to wait, done! It’s that easy. The ice cream is so healthy. And so delicious!
As a child I used to like to put yoghurt pots in the freezer and thought that they would make delicious frozen yoghurt. Of course it wasn't. Today I know that an ice machine works wonders 🙂. All you need is yogurt, milk, a little lemon juice and your sweetener of choice. In the following, I'll give you tips on how to do the frozen yogurt gets nice and sweet without sugar. After just 5 minutes in the ice cream maker (here's my review of the Kitchenaid Ice Cream Maker), the yogurt is soft, creamy and ready to eat. The emphasis is on the latter: the frozen yogurt should be enjoyed soon as it melts quickly. I was amazed that so few ingredients can turn into delicious ice cream so quickly. Since I posted the frozen yoghurt recipe years ago, we have had it quite often because we always have yoghurt in the fridge anyway.
Of course, I particularly like the fact that the frozen yoghurt does not contain an egg (many recipes use raw egg white) and that it is Frozen yogurt without sugar acts. I don't like sweeteners for baking, but for sweetening desserts I use it every now and then. You can of course also add powdered sugar, powdered erythritol, agave syrup or rice syrup to the ice cream; The frozen yogurt remains comparatively healthy and low in calories.
At least, if you don't overdo it with the toppings - as I do for the pictures 😉 Because for many, the icing on the cake of frozen yogurt is the colorful decoration of sweets, fruits, biscuits and sauces.
Is Frozen Yogurt Healthy?
Depends on. It is definitely the homemade variant from my recipe, as it only contains yogurt, milk and a sweetener of your choice. If you have bought frozen yogurt, it can of course look very different. Likewise, if you use "unhealthy" toppings.
Do you already know my eBook "Clean Baking"?
So, what are you waiting for? Get your "Clean Baking" eBook now and learn more than 60 healthy and delicious baking recipes with me!
How can you sweeten the frozen yogurt without sugar?
Completely sugar-free, for example with a few splashes of liquid sweetener, but also with powdered erythritol or xylitol. Those who prefer to use alternative sweeteners can use agave syrup, rice syrup or honey. In this case you should reduce the amount of milk or lemon juice a little.
Can the frozen yogurt be made from Greek yogurt?
Definitely. The recipe works with low-fat natural yoghurt (not the 0% variant!), As well as with whole milk or cream yoghurt. Only the consistency may vary.
Can you freeze the frozen yogurt?
Rather not. The ice cream is intended to be enjoyed straight away. First a hard block is frozen again - and thawed yoghurt becomes crumbly and not very tasty
If you make your own frozen yoghurt yourself with the ice cream machine, you may not have the same large selection as in shops or cafés, but you can let off steam a little creatively ;-). I actually prefer to eat the whole thing without frills anyway. So get on the ice cream machine!
Note: I published this post for the first time in 2014 and last updated in 2021.
Healthy frozen yogurt
- 500 grams of natural yoghurt low in fat, Greek or whole milk is also possible
- 100 milliliters of milk
- a few splashes of liquid sweetener alternatively 70g powdered sugar or erythritol
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice as desired
- Toppings e.g. Fruit, cookies, sprinkles
- Mix all ingredients together well in a bowl. No matter which sweetener you use: The unfrozen mass should taste good sweet, as it tastes a little less sweet in "ice form".
- Put the yoghurt mixture in the ice cream maker and let it freeze, but it is shorter than normal ice cream. With my Kitchenaid ice cream maker, it only takes about 5 to 10 minutes for the frozen yogurt to be perfect.
- Garnish frozen yoghurt with toppings as desired and enjoy immediately - the ice cream melts quickly.
Note: This article contains affiliate links (what does that mean?).
- How do Riak and MongoDB compare
- Are Aakash modules good
- What do WE dreamers do
- What is the dissociation equation
- What is a core isomer
- What are two thirds of five eighths
- What are some cities without a soul
- Who owns the census data
- How to heal writer's block quickly
- How does the DES algorithm work
- Which Iron Core Edge substances are used
- Why you should want to visit Finland
- Is the NextJS production done
- What's the easiest way to submit RTI
- Is pathological envy associated with pathological lies
- What is natural language understanding
- Why are rich people calculating
- What is an enumeration in C C.
- How is Pitea Sweden
- What is a 2-way catheter
- Do BPO services adopt a cloud infrastructure
- How do Swedes feel personal space?
- What percentage of people like pop music
- Who is Princess Eugenie's husband