Which Bollywood actress also plays sports
"Run Lola Run" in Hindi - Bollywood is shooting a remake of the successful German film
The German movie "Run Lola Run" with actress Franka Potente in the leading role is getting a remake in Hindi. Sony Pictures India is producing a new version of the successful classic from 1998 under the title "Loop Lapeta". On Twitter, Sony promises "a thriller comedy that will make your heart race".
Casting is a godsend
The main female role of Lola is played by Bollywood star Taapsee Pannu, Tahir Raj Bhasin takes on the role of Lola's friend, originally played by Moritz Bleibtreu. Pannu - one of the busiest actresses in Bollywood according to the "Times of India" - was enthusiastic about the remake project: "I'm greedy for good scripts," she tells her fans on Twitter. "And that's one!"
Actress Taapsee Pannu and her fellow actor Tahir Raj Bhansin
"A remake like 'Looop Lapeta' is a brilliant addition to our range of exciting films," said Vivek Krishnani, Managing Director of Sony Pictures Entertainment India, to the specialist magazine "The Hollywood Reporter". For him, the cast is a godsend: "We are delighted with the wonderful actors who came on board for this production to breathe new life into the script."
Why the film became a global success
After the celebrated premiere of "Run Lola Run" at the Venice Film Festival in 1998, the action thriller by German director Tom Tykwers won several international awards, including at the Sundance Festival in the USA, the forum for independent film. The film received seven awards at the German Film Prize alone - including the one for best film.
Awesome story: Lola (Franca Potente) wants to knock out her boyfriend Manni (Moritz Bleibtreu)
Tom Tykwer's third feature film, which was shot in Berlin with over 1000 extras, shows in a visually bold style and with extremely fast editing sequences a Lola (Franka Potente) that runs throughout the film and tries to raise 100,000 DM (the German Currency before the euro). Lola wants to use the money to save her friend Manni (Moritz Bleibtreu).
The lifestyle of the 1990s
The soundtrack makes the audience sweat with pounding techno beats. Artistically, the thriller was received very positively by both German and international film critics. It is a milestone for the German film of the 1990s, as the specialist portal "filmstarts.de" writes: "Fast, pulsating, dynamic is the thriller that captures the lifestyle of this time in an outstanding way."
Breathtaking: Franca Potente in "Run Lola Run" (1998)
Director Tom Tykwer, who also composed some of the music himself, manages with "Run Lola Run" to wake the German film industry from its Snow White slumber. "With this he proves on the international stage that films 'Made in Germany' can also shine through their originality and willingness to experiment."
Often copied style elements
The film also broke with traditional narrative structures that had previously been common in German film. He illuminated an exciting event lasting a few minutes from three completely different perspectives - and assembled it into a story. Tykwer used very different cinematic elements, including video clips as well as drawing and animation. In quick succession he switched between color and black and white photos.
Internationally successful: director Tom Tykwer
The film was also very successful commercially. At the box office in the USA alone, the German production grossed more than 7.2 million US dollars (12.7 million euros). In Germany, the film was adapted as a stage play for the Regensburg Theater in 2013.
The Bollywood version
It remains to be seen to what extent the script of the Hindi version differs from the original. The Bollywood productions traditionally rely on a lot of feeling and not so much on short, cool dialogues and exciting action scenes. The shooting of "Looop Lapeta" will start in April 2020 in India. The global premiere is scheduled for January 29, 2021.
Successful films from Hollywood are also planned as further remake productions: in the Indian version of "Forrest Gump", for example, the popular Bollywood actor Aamir Khan will play the leading role, who played Tom Hanks in the US version.
hm / nf (dpa / hollywoodreporter.de)
- You can send a letter online
- How can I test a question
- Why is the AFTV ArsenalFanTV so hated
- According to Hindu scriptures, that is what religion is
- Why do human memories tend to be distorted
- When do we fail in engineering?
- Is Kyrsten Sinema a democrat
- Met HG Wells Jules Verne
- How can I help alkaline soil
- Have you killed animals to eat?
- How can I convert chloromethane to ethyne
- What is squalene
- Who is the best chiropractor in Europe
- How many iterations are there in BITS
- What is an immigration essay
- A covert narcissist will come back
- Which British county produces the best pottery
- Why did Orange County go bankrupt
- Which coffee chain is your ultimate favorite
- Whose signature is this 1
- Bananas lose nutrients when frozen
- Do male supplements actually work?
- You can use Gorilla Glue on rubber
- Why did you stop believing in horoscopes?
- Hate powerful democrats Alexandria Ocasio Cortez
- Did Donald Trump Asperger s
- What's going on in Wollongong
- Why is the UK cloudy and wet
- Can there be a good religion
- Why is Shillong cooler than Guwahati
- How do cysts and tumors differ
- What are the most unhealthy vegetables
- What is Mauritius Tax Agreement
- How can we make our minds unconditional