What is the function of Microsoft AX
Functional comparison between Dynamics AX and Finance and Operations apps
- 2 minutes reading time
When deciding whether to migrate from Dynamics AX to the cloud apps in the Dynamics 365 suite, you should consider the new and improved features that they have to offer. The following charts compare the line-of-business features available in Dynamics 365 Finance, Dynamics 365 Commerce, and Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management with those available in versions of Dynamics AX.
These diagrams compare the functions for:
- Procurement management
- Sales management and retail
- Warehouse management and transport
- Total benefit
User interface: Dynamics AX 2009 versus Finance and Operations apps
Before comparing the functionality, here is a comparison of the user interfaces for Dynamics AX 2009 and Finance and Operations apps.
|Dynamics AX 2009 user interface||Finance and Operations user interface|
Industry functions - finance
Industry functions - organization-wide
Industry functions - procurement management
Industry functions - production
Industry functions - sales management and retail
Industry functions - warehouse and transport management
Why should customers worry?
Why switch to Dynamics 365?
|security||flexibility||Less IT maintenance|
|Leverage Microsoft's billion dollar investment in data center security. Build robust security and access controls for apps and data with features built into Dynamics 365 Finance and Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management, including: ||Take advantage of the monthly subscription model including:||Reduce corporate server maintenance costs including: |
|Cross-platform support||Always up to date with new functional improvements||Business intelligence|
|Ensure seamless business processes anytime, anywhere with Dynamics 365 - supported by a native browser-based HTML5 user interface that: ||Take full advantage of the evolving Dynamics 365 features and the latest features: ||Access real-time information with Dynamics 365 with integrated predictive analytics - supported by Microsoft Power BI: |
See for yourself
Watch the video about improvements in Dynamics 365, in which Dynamics AX is compared with the new functions, product enhancements and modules of Dynamics 365. Then, watch the specific videos on improvements in Dynamics 365 for finance, supply chain and technology.
Get started today
Start your migration with Microsoft. Apply for a free, no-obligation assessment from Microsoft with the Dynamics 365 migration program.
Overview of the local migration program
Standard migration assessment
Bargaining improvement plan
Change from Dynamics AX to Dynamics 365 in the cloud
Assessment tool for CRM platform
Video: Dynamics 365 Migration Program
- What is the gradeability of a vehicle
- Modern Egyptians still worship ancient gods
- What is a notary income
- Why is philosophy so important in scriptures
- How does the laser cutting machine work
- Are all GoPro waterproof
- Do you always help your friend
- Are there still real Israelites
- Should I tell him I miss him
- What do armed beaters mean?
- Is it worth buying a touchscreen monitor
- Should a startup have corporate insurance
- Work programmer at NASA
- What are the best screenshot apps
- What are the goals of the animal breeders
- How do you learn professionalism
- What our culture says about America
- What is the significance of Harry Partch
- Do you know gay people
- Has the Lambert function cousins
- Is bagged milk from Ontario
- Is there a Japanese girl in Beijing
- How do carpet and laminate floors differ?
- What makes people believe in conspiracies