What is Luka Doncic's nationality?
This is Luka Doncic
Luka Doncic is considered to be one of the greatest talents in European basketball. The 18-year-old Slovenian still plays for Real Madrid, but many experts see Doncic in the NBA soon.
How old is Luka Doncic and where is he from?
Doncic was born on February 28, 1999 in the Slovenian capital Ljubjana. Doncic took his first steps in basketball at the KK Union Olimpija in Ljubjana.
His father Sasa Doncic was also a professional basketball player and national player for Slovenia. His mother was a world dance champion.
Height and weight of Luka Doncic
Doncic is 2.03 meters tall and weighs 84 kg.
Doncic: style of play and position
Luka Doncic can take the position of shooting guard as well as point guard.
Doncic impresses with his flexibility and overview: on the one hand he can score himself, on the other hand he convinces with his strong passing game. His court vision was last compared to that of Ben Simmons and Lonzo Ball.
How was Doncic's sporting career?
|2010-2012||KK Union Olimpija|
|since 2012||real Madrid|
Doncic at Real Madrid
His talent was quickly recognized by the Los Blancos. When he moved to Real Madrid in 2012, he was pulled up from the U14 to the U16 after just one season. Again only a short time later he was allowed to play for the A-youth.
He made his professional debut on April 30, 2015 against Unicaja Malaga - at the age of just 16 years and two months. Only Ricky Rubio (14 years, 11 months) and Angel Rebolo (15 years, 3 months) were younger in club history when they made their debut.
Doncic set numerous youth records and was the youngest player in Spanish league history to score a double-double. He was also the youngest player to be voted best player of the round.
Statistics for the 2016/17 season
|Points / game||7,8|
|Throwing quota (2)||50.5 percent|
|Throwing Quota (3)||37.1 percent|
|Free throws||84.4 percent|
|Assists / game||4,2|
|Steals / game||0,9|
|Blocks / game||0,2|
|Turnover / game||1,8|
|Rebounds / game||4,5|
Assessments of Doncic's talent
Alberto Herreros (Technical Director Real): "I've never seen anything like it in my life, there is only one like this every few decades."
Sasa Doncic: "He can play anything."
Jonathan Givony for The Vertical: "He is way ahead of his age group. He knows what he is doing. Doncic has good arguments to be treated as a top pick."
Bogdan Karaicic for Draft Express: "Doncic does some unprecedented things in the EuroLeague for a player of his age."
When does Doncic register for the NBA draft?
Doncic is considered to be the greatest basketball talent in Europe and the experts agree that Luka Doncic will play in the NBA in the future. According to reports, a number of scouts have already been to Madrid to see the youngster's abilities up close.
From 2018 he will be eligible for the NBA draft. In all probability, Doncic will then be picked in the first round, it would not be surprising if he was the top pick.
- Spanish championship: 2 times (2014/15, 2015/16
- Spanish Cup: 2 times (2015/16, 2016/17
- Intercontinental Cup: 2015
Doncics Individual Honors
- ULEB Euroleague Rising Star Trophy: 2016/17
- Best young player in the ACB League (U-22): 2016/17
- A polymer can be transparent
- How can I sexually annoy my teacher
- How much should you cycle per week
- We deserve more transparency from Google
- Why should I eat mustard
- How do Hindus in India see Pakistan
- What a good name does our NGO give
- The SAT preparation is worth it
- What does tres jolie mean in English
- What technology was used to create LinkedIn
- What is PHP 5 1
- How do I perform a DB deadlift
- Which is worse anarcho primitivism or nazism
- Are we not all true wizards today?
- Which animal is the most compassionate?
- Are there educational advisors in Mumbai?
- Who was the last natural professional bodybuilder
- Would you die for me
- TV shows still do clip shows
- What causes an optical delusion
- Why is a Nomedia file 0 bytes
- What is a pointer to a function
- How do English people see the Liverpool accent
- Is normal fear of dogs