How should I grow back gums that have receded
Build up gums: these options are there
In certain cases, regressed gums can be rebuilt. We have researched the options for you.
Rebuilding gums - that's why it's important
If the gums recede, the dentist speaks of gum recession.
- There are many reasons why the gums recede. For example, inflammation of the gums may be responsible.
- Periodontitis also leads to gum disease. In this case, not only the gums are inflamed, but the entire tooth supporting structure.
- Periodontal disease describes the degenerative changes in the teeth supporting structure without inflammation. Here, too, the gums recede.
- The bad news: lost gums won't grow back. We'll send the good news right afterwards: the dentist has various options for rebuilding your gums.
- It is important that you seek medical treatment early if you notice any gum disease.
Building gums for better dental health through small operations
As already mentioned, gums do not grow back. However, there are ways to rebuild gums.
- Professional tooth cleaning: Here tartar is removed, the teeth are thoroughly cleaned and polished individually. This measure is usually sufficient in the case of mild gingivitis that is detected early, since the gums have not yet receded - one more reason to visit the dentist regularly.
- Sliding flap: In the event of a gum recession, the dentist can rebuild the gums using a sliding flap technique. The doctor "moves" healthy gums to the region where gums are missing. This is then fixed in place with a small suture so that it can grow on. If there are not enough healthy gums, a connective tissue graft is used.
- Tunnel technique: With this method, the gums are detached from the bone with special instruments. A split flap is then placed in the tissue, creating a tunnel. At the same time, some connective tissue is removed from the palate. This graft is then placed in the tunnel and sewn in place.
- These microsurgical interventions should only be carried out by specialists, i.e. certified periodontists. These dentists specialize in the treatment of gum problems and problems with the gum tissue and are proficient in the various techniques.
Proper dental care can usually prevent gum disease. That is why we will show you what helps against tartar in our next health guide.
- What is your definition of vampire
- What is Microsoft Azure Quantum
- What is the real meaning of kaizen
- What is pomace oil used for?
- Sound energy is carried by particles
- What is the feminine story of voting
- What are some annoying ideas for teenagers
- Why is there USPS
- Are differences of opinion toxic Why or why not
- Who is the god Ao
- Which startups are based on Tampa
- How long will people use the internet
- Why should I watch TVF Pitchers
- Do you know gay people
- The Jio network stores internet history
- What is the opposite of Evolution 1
- What does productivity mean to you
- What number is 20 less than 130
- Mosquitoes bite
- What is the charisma of Chinese mahogany mists
- What do you mean by the continued value
- Is a good name
- Facebook is still using PHP
- How can I learn CanJs