What is forensic DNA analysis
Forensic molecular genetics is essentially concerned with the individual assignment based on the so-called genetic fingerprint. DNA occurs in the cell nucleus and in certain cell organelles, the so-called mitochondria.
The core DNA is the carrier of all genetic information. The DNA molecule contains four bases - adenine, cytosine, guanine, thymine - which in pairs - always adenine and thymine as well as cytosine and guanine - are attached to each other and form a double strand. The sequence of the complementary strand always results from the sequence (base sequence) of the primary strand.
Only 2-3% of the core DNA contains so-called coding (readable) sequences as hereditary information. The majority consists of non-coding sequences that are highly individual. Forensically relevant DNA techniques concentrate on these highly individual, non-coding DNA segments. So-called STRs (short tandem repeats), which have a DNA length polymorphism, are mostly used for forensic purposes. Such polymorphisms are of short sequence length and thus represent an advantage in the study of degraded material.
Most STR systems are so-called autosomal systems, i.e. they are located on the autosomes. Of these chromosomes, humans have a double set, a single set from the father and a single set from the mother. A human therefore has two alleles in every STR system, one paternal and one maternal. The alleles are named according to the number of repetitions of the basic motif.
- What are the goals of the animal breeders
- How do Riak and MongoDB compare
- Which was the first ATM in Kerala
- What is crunchy fashion about?
- What health problems can mosquitoes cause
- Heaven is in heaven
- Do you have tourists in your country
- What am I missing with the elevator?
- What is close harmony
- Which is stronger bone or iron
- How do trees react to infectious diseases
- What is the history of Shotokan Karate
- How many Mbit / s are there in 1024 Kbit / s
- What does the color bride said
- Why did Walt Disney choose Mickey Mouse
- What does the word sleuth mean
- How to check a water pump
- Why my budgies suddenly ignore me
- How do I land a union job
- What Are Some Good Typography Textbooks
- Has the battery of the Coolpad Note 5 changed
- What are some of the best chess opening strategies
- What are your favorite movies about cooking
- How is the quality of LimeRoad dresses