What are polyhedra
Definition: A geometric body is called convex, if with two points that belong to it, the line between these points also belongs completely to this body.
This excludes all bodies that contain "holes" or "dents".
Definition: A polyhedron (Polyhedron) is a geometric body, the surface of which consists of flat polygons.
This excludes all bodies that contain curved edges or surfaces, in particular spheres, cones and cylinders.
For convex polyhedra the applies Euler's polyhedron substitute ( Leonhard Euler):
Sentence: If f denotes the number of faces, k the number of edges and e the number of corners of a convex polyhedron, then the following applies
From this theorem useful conclusions can be drawn that can be applied to the description of convex polyhedra with certain properties.
Is called as Angular defect in a corner of a convex polyhedron is the difference between the full circle, that is, and the sum of all angles in the corners of those surfaces that meet in this polyhedron corner, then the following also applies Descartean formula (Rene Descartes):
Sentence: The sum of the angular defects of all corners of a convex polyhedron is
If one combines both results, then the sum S of the angle defects of any convex polyhedron always applies
Among the convex polyhedra are in particular:
the regular polyhedra,
the semi-regular polyhedra,
the quasi-regular polyhedra,
The deltahedra belong to the class of 92 Johnson solids. These are all non-regular and non-semi-regular convex polyhedra that can be formed from regular polygons.
Further important subclasses of convex polyhedra, which are formed from less regular polygons, are
the diamond bodies,
There are other, non-convex regular polyhedra, the Kepler-Poinsot star bodies.
- For how much did Volkswagen buy Bugatti
- What is a notary income
- How do I make Jesus happy?
- What are the top 10 freelance services
- It is worth buying a hybrid hard drive
- How is the speed directly proportional to the mass
- How expensive can dogs get
- Can I buy F1 tires?
- Who is Sakshi Chopra
- Can a CS student apply for IAS
- Which dragonball character has the greatest potential
- Why is desert soil sterile
- What is the meaning of number 23
- Are there unsafe areas in Yaoundé Cameroon
- Why are FREEFLY drones so damn expensive
- Why am I so emotionally drained
- Can I just lose fat from my stomach
- How do I start programming in C ++
- IOS uses the Java programming language
- What's exciting in your life now
- Essentially, Thanos is Marvel's Darkseid
- What is error handling in Python
- How did the flatbread get its name
- Can you make me question my existence