Why is Hyderabad so hot and dry
India / Hyderabad
Climate in India
The climate in India varies greatly, from the arid desert of Rajasthan to the cool highlands of Assam, said to be the wettest place on earth. Outside the mountain regions, the northern and central subtropical continental climates dominate, while the coastal regions and the south have a maritime tropical climate. In the north, temperatures fluctuate considerably over the course of the year: in the lowlands of the north, temperatures in December and January are between 10 and 15 ° C, while between April and June they are between 40 and 50 ° C. In southern regions it is consistently hot all year round.
The Indian monsoons determine the seasonal rainfall levels across India. The southwest (or summer) monsoon begins in most regions in June, with heavy rainfall falling through September or October, depending on the region. Due to the very different topography, the distribution of precipitation is very uneven; the highest values are reached on the west coast, in the Western Ghats, on the slopes of the Himalayas and in north-east India. The Thar Desert has the least amount of precipitation. The northeast or winter monsoon winds blowing from Central Asia gain influence from October to June, but hardly bring any rain. In most regions, 80 to more than 90% of all precipitation falls in summer. The exception is the south-east of India, where it also rains during the north-east monsoon, as the monsoon can absorb moisture over the Bay of Bengal.
The climate plays a crucial factor in deciding when to visit India. Remember that the climatic conditions in the north are significantly different than in the extreme south.
Put simply, the climate can be defined by three seasons - the hot season, the wet season (monsoon) and the cool, of which the duration varies from north to south. The coolest time to visit most places is the cooler time: November to around mid-February.
In the northern lowlands, temperatures begin to rise from February, in April and May it is hot, the peak is in June. Temperatures of 45 ° C and more are not uncommon in central India. South India gets uncomfortably hot during this time.
At the end of May, the first signs of the monsoon appear in some regions - high humidity, thunderstorms, short rains and dust storms that darken the day. In the hot season, leave the plains and visit the cooler hills, where now the hill stations are especially pleasant (and lively).
When the monsoon begins, steady rain falls, usually from around the beginning of June in the extreme south, until the beginning of July the monsoon has also reached the north. The main monsoon comes from the southwest, but the southeast coast (and southern Kerala) is influenced by the short and humid northeast monsoon, which brings rain from October to early December.
Temperatures hardly drop in monsoons: the hot, dry and dusty weather is only replaced by hot, humid and muddy conditions. It usually rains every day, but not all day. In combination with the sunshine, this almost creates a steam bath atmosphere.
The monsoon ends around October for most regions of the country. This is the main tourist season for India - but it will be too late to visit Ladakh, May to October is the optimal time here. October and November are generally not too hot and not too cool (although in some regions it can still be very hot and / or humid in October). In winter (around mid-December to mid-January) it can be surprisingly cold in Delhi and other northern cities, especially at night - in the far north it can even be very cold. In the south the temperatures are pleasant during this period.
It is worth going to festivals in India. In May / June there are practically none. The wedding season falls between November and March and it is not unlikely that you will see colorful, lively processions in the streets during this time
This brief climate information comes from Transasia - Country Information India.
You can also find more information about traveling in Asia on Transasia.
- Is the USB memory smaller than the specified memory
- Everything on the Internet is actually permanent
- What is the channel assignment in the computer network
- Is high blood pressure a cause of cardiac arrest?
- What is the constitutional principle of republicanism
- What are the best practices for WordPress SEO
- How is Justin Trudeau
- Why is Azure's SQL Server so slow
- Am I engaged phobic 1
- Does the Bible talk about DNA
- What are techniques to humiliate the ego
- Jabberwocky is a real word
- How is the love between two people
- How does GoDaddy get domain names
- What is a helium release valve
- What does the symbol mean in Latin
- What is RMS
- Who needs help with spells and magic
- Youtube spies on the Quora activities of the users
- How to cut vinyl siding
- Macrocephaly causes developmental delay in children
- What weapon will Thor use
- The locals get a hostel in the NIT Jamshedpur
- Why use Chimeny in a power plant
- Sleeping ants How long
- Can Stubhub withdraw a refund
- Which version of PrestaShop should I use
- What does Skonka mean in Mexican slang
- Lightning freezes kill bacteria
- How big is the market for glass packaging
- Are all INTPs on the autistic spectrum
- What profit coins are is a scam
- How is global warming affecting South Carolina?