Why is shortstop called shortstop in baseball
Third Base the Hot Corner
The positions in baseball: Today the third base
The third base is also called the hot corner because the player is quite close to the batsman there and many hitters like to “pull” the ball, ie hit the line long as a right-handed player. The man on 3 gets hit many, often hard balls in his direction.
The third baseman must therefore have a good glove and very good reflexes.This does not necessarily mean the quality of the baseball glove, although that is certainly also a great advantage, but must be able to catch well, groundballs, line drives, bunts, pop-ups, etc. Exactly His arm is so important, he has a long throw to first base, and the third baseman often has one of the best throws of the entire team up his sleeve.
Duties of the third baseman
The third baseman must try to catch all balls that are hit between the foul line and the shortstop. It is easier for him to go to the left to the ball than to go to the right for the shortstop, and he plays further forward, so all ground balls within reach are the task of the third baseman. He must also always be ready to cover third base if a move away becomes necessary.
His cutoff and relay tasks are also important, for example when the throw goes from left field to home with a runner on second base. Then he has to go into position to either pass the ball from the left fielder to the catcher or cut and hold the ball, or throw it directly from there to another base.
He must also be ready to play on second base for a double play or force out for runners on 1 and less than 2 outs. If the runner is on 1 and 2, he can first step on 3 and then roll on 2 or 1 for the double play. With Bases Loaded he can play for the Force Out on Home or play depending on the situation. He has to have a very good understanding of the game in order to get the best out of the situation for his team.
In the case of a bunt, he must be able to run forward, pick up the ball and throw it out of the barrel at 1. This time he has to disregard his base because this is the only way he has a chance to spot the Bunter.
If you can think of something else that makes a good 3rd baseman, please post it here as a comment.
- Where can I download Markdown
- What's your rating of Carbonite
- What are different dates
- Melbourne is cleaner than Sydney
- Is it not an obligation or is it not an obligation
- Uses emojis in an artificial way
- What size skis for beginners
- Which circuit breaker has a resistance circuit
- What are the biggest misunderstandings about Maine
- How can I increase my focus
- Are chicken bones dangerous to dogs
- What are the different types of plutons
- Who invented the pillow?
- What is it like to love writing
- What Are Some Crazy Android Hacks
- Why does this program print 1
- What just happened to Formspring passwords
- Millennials are thinking about buying real estate
- How often do you clean your refrigerator
- When did Einstein die?
- What is classified as childhood trauma
- Are dead free plus shipping offers
- What is LGBT life like
- How can I remember biology without tricks
- There was entropy before the universe began
- Which Android is better nougat or oreo
- Have all religions evolved from animism?
- Is it wrong for ontogeny to recapitulate phylogeny?
- How is the weather in Oakland, California
- What's the coolest magazine in 2019
- How do I think like Nikola Tesla
- What inhibits hexokinase
- Why the alternating current changes over time
- Can I trust my ex best friend