Why is there 256 codes from EBCDIC
Technical concept - ASCII code
Characters can be represented in binary form quite easily. All you have to do is assign a specific bit pattern to each character. The number of bits used depends on how many characters you want to encode in binary.
A specific bit pattern is assigned to each character (number, letter or special character) in a code table. For example, in the (extended) ASCII code table, the letter is represented by the bit pattern and the letter is represented by the bit pattern.
Strings and entire texts can be binary coded by stringing together the coding of the individual characters. For example, the character string in (extended) ASCII codes is encoded by the bit pattern.
There are international standards that precisely define the binary coding of characters. The ASCII code (short for American Standard Code for Information Interchange) was established by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI). It provides (in the original version) 7 bits for coding - so 27 = Represent 128 characters.
The pure ASCII code does not provide any coding for language-specific special characters (such as umlauts in the German language) and is therefore only partially suitable for coding German texts. In order to do justice to language-specific features, a number of extensions of the 7-bit ASCII code to an 8-bit code comprising 256 characters have been made. All of these expansions match the ASCII code in the first 128 characters and define the coding of the remaining 128 characters in a language-specific manner. These extensions include the so-called ANSI coding and the coding of the "ISO 8859" family of standards.
A complete list of the ASCII character set (extended to 8 bits) can be found in the section Excursion - ASCII code
- Will Jimmy Wales ever visit Nepal
- How does Scottish speak
- Nokia is dead
- What happens to lightsabers underwater
- What does last on first off
- What are human behavioral factors
- What are the ways to promote green technology
- Can I freeze canned cat food
- What is the most polluted ocean
- What is a software writer
- How was your IIM Ahmedabad interview
- What is a good power supply
- Which apps were your favorites this year?
- Fast wired charging beats wireless charging
- Can Panadol pills be taken while breastfeeding
- Is the Graviton real?
- How good is the Nikon D3300
- What sport is played only in Bangladesh
- What exactly does Spark replace
- All living things need food
- What's your favorite superhero quote
- Why do people like to hit pennsylvania usa
- The GTBIT IPU 2017 takes on the approval
- Is it advisable to do data science at NMIMS