What is a tunnel made of?
The story of the tunnel
Only the butter made the stollen tasty
The history of the Dresden Christstollen goes back to
back to the 15th century.
The “Christstollen” was first mentioned in a document in 1474.
Back then, the Stollen was a simple pastry, also called Striezel or Strutzel, and was only allowed as a Lent in the pre-Christmas period. It was only in the last century that this simple pastry developed into the delicacy we know today.
For well into the 15th century, the religious dogmas of the Roman Church allowed little more than water, yeast and flour for the Striezel recipe.
So the Christstollen was probably not a particularly tasty food, completely without butter, milk, sultanas, lemon peel or almonds.
To put an end to this dilema, Elector Ernst von Sachsen and his brother Albrecht turned to them
to Pope Nicholas V with the request to lift the butter ban.
Elector Ernst of Saxony and his brother Albrecht turned to Pope Nicholas V with a request to lift the butter ban.
The holy father granted this and in 1491 sent the "Butterbrief" to the regent city.
Good golden yellow butter makes the stollen tasty and juicy. Before that, the Saxons once had to make do with beet oil.
- What are chiral oak theories
- What are the benefits of digital marketing
- How do I construct a mask
- What proves the existence of a soul
- How good is Brandon University
- Who is Igor Stravinsky
- What is an FTP site
- What is a helium release valve
- How to create Evernote templates
- What does it mean to be important
- Why do car dealers offer big discounts
- President Trump is charged by the presidency
- What are the worst things about JNU
- Why did so many actors play Batman?
- How can I throw faster
- Which Chromebooks googlers use most of the time
- Why can't my dog breathe
- Real estate taxes destroy private land ownership
- How do I sign a PDF document
- What does deodorant do to my skin
- Why is a supersonic helicopter not possible
- What are unknown facts about air travel
- What is an entrepreneur visa
- How does Amazon improve search engine optimization