Is Bangalore a dog friendly city
A new generation is adopting India's street dogs
During the nationwide exit restrictions due to the coronavirus, animal-loving helpers took to the streets in Bengaluru to feed the strays.
Still, there are security concerns. Resident Sathwik Sriram wrote in a tweet about the "stupid street dogs" that he was afraid of the animals. Attached he posted a picture of a newspaper report about a child who was bitten to death by strays in 2019.
"The strays are not a problem in the morning, but they tend to attack you at night," he says during a phone call. His neighbor has already been bitten and he knows from motorcyclists "who had accidents because they had to drive too fast to escape the strays."
According to a 2016 study, there are 25,000 biting incidents in Bengaluru each year. To prevent attacks, the BBMP advises not to provoke the animals - especially if they are in heat or are nursing puppies. Then they are particularly defensive. But in a densely populated metropolis, where everyone shares the streets with everything, it can be difficult not to get in each other's way.
Already part of the family
On a sunny morning, a trainer teaches Rocky and Julie the basic commands next to the police station: sit, stay, stand, stand, sit, left, right.
The pups are easily distracted and give about as much attention to their teacher as any child who is supposed to follow the lesson. Again and again they tumble across the floor together and tangle their lines. Her mother Sweetie, who loves to take a nap in the parking lot next door, interrupts the lesson to grab her offspring by the snout.
All three were already "unofficial" pets who stopped by the station every now and then. So it made sense to adopt her, says Rohini Katoch Sepat, the vice-superintendent for her southern division.
- Carnivores eat the digestive system
- Helps Santoor Soap with pimples
- What is sampling in geotechnics
- Where does the Ganga River begin
- Killed the OSS George S. Patton
- What is the national tree of Tajikistan
- Why do some people like monotony
- What are the theories of language structure
- Jira How to report the error cycle time
- Do you want to have a baby
- Will the CM punk heading WrestleMania 36
- Which words should be banned?
- How serious is a hernia
- We are powerless against generation fleeing
- What were the US ships carrying
- How bad is sodium nitrite for you
- Goes well with ankle arthritis
- How do I stop someone from smoking?
- Why do smart people break down often
- How did film trailers get their name?
- Is IARE good for the ECE
- How much money do music producers make
- Is democracy expensive
- What makes America incompatible with Canada?