What is Neuroscientific Psychology
In the center of the M. Sc. With a focus on cognitive neuroscience, the brain is in its structure and function as the carrier of the cognitive processes of human experience and behavior. The enormous upswing in neuroscientific investigations in psychology and the increasing networking between research areas in psychology, computer science, biology, physics and medicine has led in the last few decades to a reorientation of the understanding of cognitive and affective processes and has led to the early detection of diseases and the optimization of therapeutic procedures contributed. Neuroscientific examination methods such as EEG (electroencephalography), MEG (magnetic encephalography), functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) and computational modeling contribute to a better understanding of the complex relationships that think, feel, see, speak, taste, smell, dream, move, remember, Recognize, enable awareness. These methods and findings are imparted in the focus on cognitive neurosciences.
Content and organization
The working units involved in the focus on cognitive neurosciences research on topics such as
- Action control and action recognition,
- visual perception,
- dynamic representation of space and spatial orientation,
- cognitive and neural mechanisms of social interaction,
- motor learning,
- Expectation and surprise,
- Language comprehension and language production,
- Second language acquisition and language development disorders,
- Processing of emotional stimuli.
These questions are mainly investigated with EEG, eye tracking, reaction time experiments, fMRI, TMS and computational modeling. We cooperate with the Institute for Biosignal Analysis and Biomagnetism in MEG examinations and with the University Clinic in the examination of patients and fMRI examinations.
Mainly in seminars and practically oriented events, the knowledge and skills are imparted that are required to carry out investigations on the above-mentioned topics and to interpret them competently and critically. Specific methodological knowledge is developed subject-related in seminars, lectures and practical exercises. Theses and internships can be carried out in participating work units or at one of the numerous cooperation partners in Münster, Germany or abroad.
Cognitive Neuroscience courses are complemented by events from the areas of diagnostics, methodology and a freely selectable import module. This flexibility makes it possible to meet the requirements for subsequent psychotherapy training. The events in the focus are organized by the work unit of Prof. Dr. Busch, Prof. Dr. Lappe and Prof. Dr. Schubotz realized.
Research - practice - professional perspectives
The priority program is primarily research-oriented and prepares for a subsequent doctoral program and / or research-related professional activities. The competencies acquired enable graduates to work in professional fields in which information-processing aspects of human trade and decision-making are considered. These are e.g. B. Questions of human-machine interaction, user adaptativity of hardware and software, cognitive aspects of ergonomics in relation to complex decisions and action control and similar applications that can be summarized under "human engineering". In addition, the graduates have access to areas of application in information processing, e.g. in computational linguistics, control by means of language, machine vision or robotics. In addition, the graduates have access to areas of application in information processing, e.g. in computational linguistics, control by means of language, machine vision or robotics. In addition, the priority program opens up paths into science journalistic areas of activity.
The neuroscientific background of the training enables them to work in the field of clinical neuropsychology. In particular, students with this focus are qualified for further training as clinical neuropsychologists following their studies, which can be acquired alone or in parallel to training as a psychological psychotherapist.
- Why is AliExpress expensive
- What causes stage fright to pee
- What's your rating of Robinhood App
- How do you get noticed
- How can someone learn several languages at the same time
- What is the Google Cloud platform used for?
- Are you from Banda Uttar Pradesh
- How profitable is the shredding business
- Who was the first to record measurements
- How can I make a birthday video
- What are examples of Google's evil behavior
- How do I repair my guitar pickup
- What is the difference between GPS and BDS
- What is chordata in biology
- Why is Rubisco so abundant in photosynthesis
- What are the basics of physics
- Pick your nose disgusting
- Can kidney stones cause low urine volume
- We all like to clap
- Why do people in NYC always rush
- What are the alternatives to Chex systems
- Where can I rent luxury cars
- Who lived in California before European settlers
- What is the ancient name of Thiruvananthapuram