When did color photography become more popular?
History of Photography - Part 4:
From April 1935 to October 1936, physicist and chemist John Eggert and 26 other employees produced the world's first modern color film “Agfacolor New” in the Agfa film factory in small piece work. In particular, the chemists Dr. Gustav Wilmanns and Dr. Wilhelm Schneider succeeded in creating a universal Agfacolor process for slides, negatives, paper images and cinema films. The resulting Agfacolor process is based on the basic idea of subtractive three-color photography with the components blue, green and red developed by Rudolf Fischer in 1912 by means of color development. The color films developed up to then were not yet perfect, but it was a race against time, especially against the US competitor Eastman Kodak. The first color film was completed in January 1936 and could be tested for the first time at the Olympic Games in Berlin in August. The prototype “Agfacolor-Neu-Film” was finally presented to the public in October 1936 in the form of a color slide film for daylight and a cine film. From 1936 to 1939 the Agfacolor negative / positive process was also worked out. With the help of color couplers, meaning colorless substances or substances provided with azo dye compounds, it was now possible to produce the three primary colors red, blue and green in photographic multilayer films after subtractive color mixing. This was achieved through a reaction of the color couplers with the oxidation product of the developer substance. Another sensation occurred in 1941 when the world's first feature film based on the colored positive-negative process, shot on Agfacolor film, was released. It was entitled "Women are better diplomats". A music film made by the German director Georg Jacoby and about the dancer Marie-Luise, who helps her uncle, a casino director, to save the casino, which was closed by a decision of the Frankfurt National Assembly.
- How much does real estate cost in Kenya
- What are some interesting shower thoughts
- Has Tiffany Trump gained healthy weight
- What did slaves wear in America?
- Is Ron a Hufflepuff
- Fixed-term investments are enough for life
- How much does a scanning microscope cost
- Is there a federal crime called collusion
- What happens in your body when you are hungry?
- Sharp is still a Japanese company
- What are some examples of landmark advertising
- Where can I buy a Fitbit dongle
- At what time can we see Venus?
- What comes after President Putin
- What is an unclassified medical device
- Al Davis was a successful NFL owner
- Why am I not a family man?
- What is VTVT
- Why does empathy hurt so much
- Do barracudas actually attack humans
- How can lighting affect communication
- Can a lion beat a shark
- Is there time in math
- What if there weren't any dinosaurs?