How long does a mattress last
How long do mattresses last?
A good mattress is very important for a healthy and restful sleep. In addition to the quality, the durability of the mattress also plays a decisive role.
But how long should you actually use a mattress and when does it make sense to look around for a new model? In the following article you will learn how long mattresses last and what you can do to extend the life of your mattress.
When should I replace the mattress?
The lifespan of mattresses is approx. 10 years. After that, even good mattresses are worn out and lose support. This is also confirmed by numerous manufacturers who give their customers a 10-year guarantee on the mattress core.
But what about the hygiene? Should you really use a mattress for 10 years? In our opinion not. The deposits of skin flakes, house dust and sweat usually lead to heavy soiling of the mattress surface. It is therefore advisable, especially for reasons of hygiene, to replace the mattress or at least the mattress cover after 5 to 7 years.
Tips for maintaining and extending the shelf life
With appropriate care, the durability of the mattress can be extended. This includes, for example, regularly turning and turning the mattress. Ideally, a mattress should be turned every one to two months to ensure that it wears evenly.
Cleaning the cover is also very important when it comes to proper care and durability of the mattress. For reasons of hygiene, the mattress cover should be washed at regular intervals according to the care instructions.
The correct suspension of the mattress (slatted frame) is not unimportant with regard to the lifespan of the mattress. A wrong slatted frame not only hinders the air circulation, but also the durability of the mattress.
How do I know if I should change my mattress?
You can easily find out whether you should change your mattress. For example, if the mattress has sunbathing holes, regardless of the age of the mattress, you should think about purchasing a new one, as the mattress no longer adequately supports the body.
Body fluids, mold, mite infestation and other contaminants create unpleasant smells over time. If the mattress smells, this can also be an indication that the mattress or the mattress cover should be replaced. If the mattress cover is not too old, cleaning the cover may be sufficient.
The volume weight as a key figure for the durability of a mattress
The volume weight is an important quality feature of mattresses and is a key figure for the durability of a mattress. The higher the density, the more durable the mattress. So if you are looking for a good mattress that does not sag after a few years, you should take a closer look at the density of the mattress before buying. Good quality starts with a density of 40.
Do you need a new mattress?
Your old mattress is worn out and you need a new one? Then just take a look at our large mattress comparison. There you will find a selection of durable and high quality mattresses with a good price-performance ratio.
- Clarks Inn Hotels allows unmarried couples
- They shot deserters in World War II
- Can you play video games in space
- Which browsers does Salesforce support
- How was your first job abroad
- How to do the segmentation
- Is it a MySQL server or a MySQL database
- How do I beat the horse races
- Jira How to report the error cycle time
- What are context filters in Tableau
- What is a convincing fact that is wrong
- What are the advantages of auction software
- Hubble's law is an exact law
- Where in Boston should I get lost?
- What does chemical potential mean
- How do I apply for BITSAT 2016
- How does self-talk improve self-confidence?
- Why is the Indian topology important
- Expensive food always tastes good
- Where can I study NS3
- How can something come out of nowhere
- What makes some people smarter than others?
- Should I invest in silver coins
- Is a virtual pc legal