Can a baker have a wheat allergy?
What is a wheat allergy?
There are different Forms of wheat allergy. In contrast to the wheat pollen allergy, it is not the grain pollen that triggers the wheat allergy, but the proteins in the wheat. Especially in the Childhood Wheat is one of the main allergens, whereby the wheat allergy usually disappears by the time you start school. At Adult One rather finds a permanent wheat allergy that only occurs in connection with physical exertion (WDEIA) or in the form of baker's asthma, which is triggered by inhaling the allergens in wheat flour.
Symptoms of wheat allergy
Symptoms of wheat allergy
The wheat allergy is particularly evident from the symptoms on the skin and in reactions in the field of respiratory tract, often immediately after a meal. But so Indigestionthat occur with a time delay are possible.
- in the mouth, nose, eyes and throat due to swelling, itching or a scratchy sensation
- on the skin due to atopic eczema, urticaria (hives)
- in the lungs from shortness of breath, asthma, baker's asthma
- in the gastrointestinal tract from cramps, nausea, vomiting, flatulence, diarrhea
Diagnosis of wheat allergy
As with other allergies, you should first use it Complaint diary the symptoms of wheat allergy are recorded. Then follows the Test for specific IgE antibodies and the Skin prick test. If the symptoms are similar to those of celiac disease - i.e. Symptoms such as abdominal cramps, diarrhea or nausea after eating wheat - it is important to rule out celiac disease beforehand. In order not to falsify the diagnosis, you should not switch your diet to wheat-free or gluten-free until the diagnosis is made.
Wheat allergy therapy
The therapy consists primarily of oneDiet change. After the allergist has clearly established that there is a wheat allergy, wheat and related grains must be removed from the menu. It should be noted that in many processedFood wheat hides in which one would not suspect it. Rye bread can also contain wheat. Gluten-free products are not to be equated with wheat-free products, as they can contain gluten-free wheat starch, which is unsuitable for allergy sufferers. In this context, Schär offers a large selection of wheat-free products. However, you should always do this before buyingRead label orask the sales staff exactly.
In order to ensure a balanced diet despite a change in diet and to get to know alternatives for cooking and baking, it is an individual one Nutritional advice makes sense.
Are you a doctor or nutritionist? More detailed information on wheat allergy can be found on Dr. Schär Institute, the knowledge platform for experts on the subject of gluten intolerance and gluten-free nutrition.
- What should i do now 48
- What are the characteristics of surgeons
- What can you do with nothing?
- Can you die if you steam too hard
- Which Phentermine pill is the most powerful
- What is the Maltese word for unemployed
- How are the AIIMS results today
- What does Vasishta gotra
- There can be repulsive gravity
- What are some recursion tricks
- Why is birch wood furniture so expensive
- How does a laptop make sound?
- What does HBH stand for or mean
- What is voltage deviation
- What happens if you stop taking Wellbutrin
- What is your favorite management game
- What is PHP 5 1
- Are people born talented or happy?
- How were atomic bombs tested first
- Why is capitalism becoming less popular
- Friends sleep together
- How do I get to Kodaikanal from Hyderabad
- Why are most of the Kickstarter games so bad
- Is the femur distal to the patella