Has milk water
All-rounder milk: ingredients at a glance
Whether hot, cold, pure, as cream or yogurt: Milk is an indispensable part of our diet. But do you actually know which valuable ingredients milk contains? We explain to you what makes milk such a special raw material.
The nutritional values of milk
Mammals produce milk to provide the offspring with important nutrients. So it's no wonder that cow's milk is rich in protein and naturally contains vitamins and minerals. Whole milk has one Calorific value of approx. 65 kcal per 100 ml and consists of around 87% water. Other ingredients of whole milk are:
- Milk sugar (4.7%)
- Fats (3.6%)
- Milk protein (3.4%)
- Minerals (0.8%)
- Various vitamins
Let's take a closer look at the ingredients.
Milk protein and milk sugar
Milk protein - consisting of casein and whey protein - is one of the proteins and contains all essential amino acids. In the body, proteins help build and maintain muscle mass. The milk proteins play an important role, especially in cheese production. Milk sugar, also known as lactose, is a carbohydrate and gives milk a slightly sweet taste. Compared to its individual components glucose and galactose, lactose has a comparatively low sweetening power. This explains why lactose-free milk (lactose is broken down into its individual sugars glucose and galactose during production) tastes much sweeter.
Minerals in milk: from calcium to phosphorus
Milk contains many essential minerals and is an ideal source for the absorption of calcium, chloride, potassium and phosphorus.
Calcium (also called calcium), probably the best-known mineral in milk, supports the maintenance of bones and teeth. According to the German Nutrition Society (DGE), the calcium requirement of an adult is included 1 gram per day and is considered covered by one liter of whole milk. Because even a 200 ml glass of milk contains 240 mg calcium.
Besides calcium also contributes phosphorus contributes to the preservation of bones and teeth. In addition, phosphorus has an important role in the energy metabolism. potassium However, it contributes to the proper functioning of the nervous system and supports the maintenance of normal blood pressure. Still remains Chlorides, which contributes to a solid digestion through the formation of stomach acid.
Ingredients of milk: numerous vitamins
Milk has a variety of vitamins. Vitamins B2 and B12 are present in particularly noteworthy quantities.
That contained in milk Vitamin B12 is involved in the normal functioning of the nervous system and metabolism and supports the formation of red blood cells. In addition, vitamin B12 can help reduce tiredness and support the function of the immune system.
Besides vitamin B12 can also Vitamin B2 - better known as riboflavin - help reduce tiredness. Riboflavin also has a role in the maintenance of red blood cells. It also contributes to the maintenance of the skin, eyesight and a balanced iron metabolism. Vitamin B2 also helps protect cells from oxidative stress.
The fat content of milk
Milk fat consists of many different, mostly saturated fatty acids such as palmitic acid, myristic acid and butyric acid as well as monounsaturated oleic acid. The milk fat serves as a carrier of fat-soluble vitamins and is in the form of fat globules. The fat content of raw milk can differ from cow to cow and is usually between 3.8 and 4.2 percent. The fat content is also influenced by how the milk is processed.
- Who invented the pillow?
- Sleep deprivation can reduce social anxiety
- How make money online social media
- How is a tribulus transplant
- How many Biharis live in Gujarat
- How is meditation different from singing?
- How does Count Dracula seduce his victims
- Does India need a national water policy?
- Fred Rogers made an appointment
- Why is water coming down
- How good is the Green River Community College
- What is classified as childhood trauma
- Which natural phenomena influenced Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
- How are moral standards and philosophy connected?
- When will self-driving cars become mainstream?
- Where can I download Fairy Tail synchronized
- Who was Alain Badiou
- Will Dubai ever give citizenship
- What gives science strength and use
- Which is the best longboard online website
- Does India need a national water policy?
- What is a TX self-priming pump
- Which is the best Sensodyne toothpaste
- What is Newton's Method in Commerce
- How does a company create added value
- Why does every cause have a reason
- What are free PDF editing programs
- What is the name of the Scottish Parliament building
- Why does diabetes cause an amputation
- Which Pokemon is the stronger Mewtwo or Hoopa
- Why is language a problem
- Do you trust God more than you trust yourself
- What is lay tax credit