What if we are the alien invaders
holds a doctorate in sociology and works as a research assistant at the Institute for Frontier Areas of Psychology and Mental Hygiene in Freiburg im Breisgau. [email protected]
is research coordinator at the Institute for Frontier Areas of Psychology and Mental Health in Freiburg im Breisgau and teaches sociology as an adjunct professor at the Albert Ludwigs University there. [email protected]
At this point in the scientific reflection on aliens, the sole competence of the natural sciences ends. In addition, social and cultural science disciplines are required here, namely those that have long been concerned with communication between different species and the success or failure of contacts between different cultures.
Decades ago pioneers such as the Soviet radio astronomer Samuil Aronovich Kaplan and the American sociologist Jan H. Mejer pondered the role of the social sciences in the study of extraterrestrial civilizations.  But it is only because of the advances in scientific knowledge that exosociology, as they called the subject of their considerations at the time, can give really good reasons for investing time and financial resources in investigating this question: Today it seems conceivable, some even believe that humanity is beyond will come into contact with extraterrestrial civilizations for some time or for a long time. Accordingly, it is the task of sociological prognosis to develop scenarios for such a "case of the case", which does not have to become reality in the next few decades, but could certainly become reality.
The methodological tools for this are provided by scientific future research, futurology - a social science program that arose in the middle of the 20th century. Since then, methods such as computer simulation, Delphi surveys and scenario analysis have emerged in order to be able to make statements about the future development of a society or even of human civilization as a whole.  Exosociology refers to this tradition of research when it asks the question of what would change for us on earth if we attained the certain knowledge that humanity is not alone in the universe. Since that "first contact", according to everything we know for sure today, has not yet taken place, at least in historical times, this is initially a hypothetical question. In the context of future research, it is called what is known as Wild cardEvent investigated.  Such events are characterized by the fact that the likelihood of their occurrence is ultimately low, but if they should, they could have massive effects on all of our lives. Such events are usually analyzed methodically in the form of a scenario analysis in which various possible futures are examined comparatively. 
We use such a scenario analysis in the following for the Wild cardEvent of the first contact of mankind with an extraterrestrial civilization. We distinguish between three basic scenarios, which differ in the way they are done, how this contact comes about. 
- Can twin flames be astrologically incompatible
- Is it worth learning the HTML language in 2019
- How is India's EDM scene
- What distinguishes Tom Chetwynd's writing style
- Women lick their husbands balls
- What can lead to a glacier growing?
- Kendrick Perkins is a dirty gamer
- Who is Bobby Jindal
- How do you sing high tones softly
- Are music videos protected by copyright
- Ecommerce Can I update my Shopify account
- How would you define a wrong person Why
- Whose birthday do you always remember
- What's your favorite DC comic moment
- How do I fix laptop flickering
- What is the story of Akbar
- How to purify meth with acetone
- Should I forget her 1
- When will the iPhone 11 be launched in India?
- Pilots have weeks off
- Do men fantasize about having a harem?
- What is the fastest internet download manager
- How do Arab men greet each other
- What's the best season for SNL
- Why is Hans Zimmer's music so calming
- How would you fix Brazil
- What is your most common problem with women
- Angola has 5G internet
- Shift levers are difficult to drive
- What is neurological dermatitis
- Resumegenius is a free resume creation website
- What are you fighting with in society
- How did repentance work before the sacrifice