How many strains of cannabis are there
Hemp and cannabis varieties
Where the botanist knows the classification "Sativa" for all varieties, seed banks and growers define the various hemp varieties even more specifically. A distinction is still made between “indica”, “ruderalis” or “hybrids”, whereby the distinguishing features are usually the smell, the effect and the characteristics of the growth.
In this introduction, the cannabis strains mentioned will be defined more precisely:
The Cannabis Sativa originally came from the equatorial areas. Because of the constant lighting conditions of its home every year, this variety continues to grow during the flowering phase. Because of this trait, sativas tend to grow very tall, and in the wild they can become real giants of several meters (so when growing indoors, growth should be controlled). Its leaves look like many little fingers, as you know it from every hemp logo. In addition to the above-average yield, Sativas have other interesting properties:
- Celebratory, spiritual high
- Banishes tiredness and perks you up
- Has a motivating effect
- Promotes the ability to concentrate and makes you alert
- Often the result is increased appetite
- In some cases it can have a psychedelic effect (but the THC content must be very high for this)
Overall, the sativa is very popular because of these properties, as it does not pull the user down, but gives them a good feeling and even sharpens the senses.
The majority of the cannabis indica strains known today come from East Asia, India, Nepal, Tibet or Afghanistan. In contrast to the Sativa varieties described, the Indica is significantly darker in its green color and the fingers on the leaves are less filigree, but very stocky. The most important difference, however, is the height gain, as the Indica grows rather small, robust and bushy, which makes them particularly interesting for indoor cultivation (when autumn approaches in the wild and the light hours decrease, the Indica stops its height gain and invests all energy in the formation of the flowers). The cannabis indica blooms earlier than the sativa and its flowers are coated with a lot of resin, which even continues on the leaves lying around. Because of their compactness and their thick flowers, these varieties must be well ventilated, otherwise these varieties can tend to mold. Overall, the Cannabis Indica varieties are characterized by the following properties:
- Very strong physical / physical high (stoned)
- Can make you tired
- Increased appetite, sometimes hunger pangs
- Have anti-inflammatory effects
- Pain relieving
- Calming, relaxing effect
- Increases auditory and haptic sensory impressions
Cannabis ruderalis strains are significantly smaller than sativas or indicas and are therefore ideal for home growing. They are also characterized by a very early, automatic start of flowering (without having to change the lighting conditions), which is why parts of their genetics are used in today's automatic strains. In the wild they can be found in the northern, colder regions such as Russia, China or Norway. The ruderalis varieties can also be recognized by their leaves with just a few stocky fingers.
Since the ruderalis strains hardly contain any THC, they are of no interest for most uses. They have only recently become important because of their genetics and crossing with sativas or indicas. The new strains got the characteristics of indicas and sativas in combination with the positive growth characteristics of ruderalis. Today, many of these predominantly automatic varieties are on sale and are finding good sales. Overall, the Ruderalis has the following properties:
- Low THC and CBC levels
- Low and stout growth
- Grows in cooler, more northerly areas
- Starts the flowering phase quickly and automatically
There are now many crosses between sativas, indicas and ruderalis on the hemp seed market in which the seedbanks have combined various positive properties of the varieties. Thus, the beginner should not be surprised if he comes across seed varieties that combine several properties of different families and therefore cannot clearly be assigned to one species.
Popular properties are combined with each other in many crossings:
- THC content
- Growth in height or width
- Pest resistant
- Automatic initiation of the flowering phase (Automatic Seeds)
The combination of these and other properties has meanwhile resulted in a huge number of different varieties, with more strains being introduced every year.
Properties of the individual cannabis varieties at a glance:
Did you like this article?
- What caused Mt. Gox to fail
- What are the elements found in ammonia
- Can I sell figures of football players?
- Why am I gay 33
- Can Antidepressants Affect the Growth of Teenage Boys?
- Good quality DSLR cameras under 600
- When will Redmi K20 Pro launch
- Is a statement taxable?
- Will William Barr step down
- What is the definition of customer service
- What if my kids are in a relationship
- What are some watercolor tips for beginners
- Does Amazon make its own distribution 1
- How can I understand transistors
- How did Neoplatonism ruin modern Christianity
- Should people get away with lies
- When should LinkedList over arrays be used?
- Is it possible to always be happy?
- What is freedom without equal opportunities
- Are you irreligious or not religious
- Can you ever stop loving someone
- Why is my Xbox always lagging behind
- What are some authentic historical podcasts
- What are productive and unproductive efforts
- Maruti Suzuki XL6 is so far successful
- Why is Blizzard against human rights
- You can freeze a cooked fruit cake
- Which math class should I take
- Can Toronto become the next Bay Area?
- Use distilled water in sodas
- What are the most popular Friends episodes
- Has anyone shared their Magoosh bearer
- Who invented education?
- What is a shell transformer