How is Pitea Sweden
Piteå: small town charm, archipelago and RV parks
I used to associate Piteå with the holiday village Pite Havsbad and the river Pite älv. Pite Havsbad is a 5-star campsite with a tropical water park, a wonderful sandy beach and a wide range of restaurants and activities. It is one of the largest holiday resorts in Northern Europe. I remember the Pite älv mainly because I drove across the river several times on the E45. I could guess what power there is in the troubled water. The course of the river is not regulated.
When I spent two days in the center of Piteå, I also realized that the place is a cozy one Downtown with a lot of water around it, has no less than 550 islands in an idyllic one Archipelago counts and has very nice and apparently very popular RV sites in the guest harbor to offer.
After all, I was there on September 8th, and still the parking space was largely occupied. There was a barbecue, a drink and a beer or two. The sunny and warm weather did its part, and it was a Saturday evening. The place is called Västra Kajen, www.vastrakajen.se. It is open all year round and is deliberately aimed at an older audience. This audience likes to come to events in Piteå, among others. to the city festival and music festival Piteå Dansar och Ler.
Younger visitors, on the other hand, are drawn to one of the world's largest youth football tournaments. It's called Piteå Summer Games and counts almost 40,000 visitors every summer. In 2019 teams from Germany will also be there.
Piteå is also known in Sweden for a local delicacy. her name is Pitepalt. These are dumplings, about the size of a tennis ball, made from raw potatoes and flour and usually contain pork. They are eaten with cranberries and butter. But there are many variations of this “Norwegian national dish”.
In January 2020 the GermanIglootel from Arjeplog in Lapland to Pite Havsbad.
Hotels in Piteå
Book now: Hotels, hostels, B & Bs in Piteå
We recommend Pite Havsbad
Holiday homes in northern Sweden
Large range of holiday homes, villas, cabins and apartments.
Book now: holiday homes in northern Sweden
Guest harbor, where the motorhome parking space is also located (see picture at the top)
Next to the guest harbor is the landing stage for the archipelago boats
Piteå Church - it is northern Sweden's oldest wooden church and dates from 1686
Tourist information, next to it are pizzeria, MAX Hamburger and a brewery
Camping cabins at Pite Havsbad - there are different sizes and equipment options
Pite Havsbad has its own small guest harbor with a restaurant and spa
Pite Havsbad beach at the end of the hot summer of 2018 - I hope there will be more water here in other years
- What are some really big artillery pieces
- Pakistani Pakhtuns marry their cousins
- What is the plastic form in painting
- Are there INTP logicians with low IQ
- What inspired you to create an Instagram
- How many countries have Disney World
- How do eucalyptus steams affect breathing?
- What is taken for granted
- How does GoDaddy get domain names
- How many native Russian Catholics are there
- Which cell phone is better around Rs 5000
- All the health effects of practicing Bikram Yoga
- What Trump policies will liberals leave behind
- How social signals can benefit your brand
- How to make caramel syrup
- Has the NEET 2018 paper leaked
- When is the Dubai Shopping Festival 2020
- Should buy Facebook Snap
- Can you show me your BDS books
- Are Linux servers superior to Windows servers?
- What is k lab
- How do I choose the best home security
- Why did Napoleon not attack Sankt Petersberg?
- What is a collimation line