Why is everything so lame
PC slow: 5 tips to make the computer faster
Nothing is more annoying than a slow PC. But often a few little tricks help with sluggish Windows computers to get the machine running again. In this guide, we give 5 tips on how to make PCs that have become slow faster again.
Tip 1: use programs cleverly
First, consider: Is the whole PC slow, or does the speed problem only affect a single program? If the latter is the case, take a closer look at the program. With the Windows Task Manager you can find out which programs are currently putting the most stress on the PC. The CPU performance is particularly interesting here.
Once the culprit is identified, you can simply stop and restart it. Or you can check whether you may have put more stress on the program than is good for it. For example, browsers can handle many tabs open at the same time, but the number is not infinite. The same applies to Word and OpenOffice, for example, which simply become slow with large documents.
You can open the Task Manager by right-clicking on a free space in the start bar. Click on "More Details" below to see the illustration above.
Tip 2: start up again
Thanks to clever energy-saving functions, PCs are now restarted much less frequently than in the past. In many cases, they simply fall asleep when they are not needed. However, a restart is always a good opportunity for the PC to fix problems itself. Crashed programs that are still stressing memory and CPU are terminated and everything returns to its original state.
Many problems disappear by themselves with a restart. This is also the reason why many PC technicians first ask if you have restarted the PC when problems arise. So if your PC is slow, just try restarting it.
Tip 3: update software
If your PC becomes slow on a regular basis, this can of course be due to the fact that it is not up to your requirements. Before you start thinking about a new PC, you should first check that the operating system and programs are up to date.
The easiest way to update Windows is via Windows Update. The system does a lot to update itself via online updates. But the update function could also have been damaged or - for whatever reason - willfully disabled.
Therefore, start Windows Update first, under Windows 10 for example via the settings or by entering "Windows Update" in the search field in the start bar. Let the check run and, if necessary, import any updates that have not yet been installed.
Then repeat the process with your programs. How you do this depends on the software in question. Microsoft Office and browsers, for example, have their own update functions. If there is no online update function, visit the manufacturer's website and check if there is an update there.
Tip: If you want to replace your current, slow PC, then you should take a look at our vouchers for e.g. notebooksbillger.de and Saturn.
Continue reading: On the next page, there are two more tips to make your slow computer faster.
- Scientists are good managers
- What is the chemical composition of gasoline
- How do I build a guitar solo
- Why can spirits tell us the future
- Is the annexation of Crimea by Russia permanent?
- How did Kentucky become a state
- How do you deal with temptation
- What is meant by electrostatic
- ERNST What's for dinner
- Who is the best guitarist on nowadys
- Can we control the healing of psoriasis?
- How can you define fairness
- There is a centrist in politics
- Which is the best LinkedIn advertising agency
- What is Keras Mask R CNN
- What concentration trick have you discovered?
- What am I doing 46
- What is an advisory speech
- Did dinosaurs evolve from lizards?
- What gas is in a street lamp
- You can choose destiny in Hinduism
- What are the main nutrients that vegans are missing
- Who invented the song Linus and Lucy
- What is systemic physiology