What's the story behind Area 51
Area 51 Hilden
In the desert of Nevada (USA), the legendary Area 51 is a restricted military area where aliens are said to have landed. In Hilden, Area 51 is a small cosmos for young people, cabaret, concerts and other events where visitors can leave their own planet behind for a few hours. The city of Hilden created the location in 2003 as the successor to the legendary Kleefer Hof youth center. The motif of aliens as cultural ambassadors became a trademark: intergalactic beings adorn a sign and some works of art. In the foyer there are posters of science fiction classics such as “Star Wars” and “Alien”.
Open door to young people
From Monday to Friday from 3 p.m. Young people can meet in a relaxed atmosphere in Area 51, chill out, “hang out”, play billiards or table football.
Area 51 Hilden literally offers up-and-coming bands a stage to present themselves to a larger audience. Every year in November there is, for example, the Mettmann district's newcomer contest "neanderland TUNES", which has paved the way for some formations. The Area 51 also caters to the supporters of the subculture with Gothic or Metal concerts.
Cabaret & Comedy
The culture hall in Area 51 is not only there to rock, but also to laugh. Many big and small stars of the cabaret and comedy scene have already performed here or have made their first attempts at walking. Wilfried Schmickler, Anni Hartmann, Markus Barth, Jens Neutag, Martin Maier-Bode - these are just a few names from the long chronicle of the cultural history of Area 51.
Children & family
The stage plays in Area 51 Hilden are not only intended for adults. There are also regular children's and puppet theaters, organized in cooperation with the municipal family office "Stellwerk". This is how other events such as women's junk came about.
Open stage and pack singing
Area 51 hosted an open stage for the first time in 2017, on which artists of all kinds could introduce themselves. Repetition not excluded. The crowd's favorite is and remains David Rauterberg's “pack singing”: a “choir director” encourages the audience to sing along to well-known songs from the pop and rock world while the text is displayed on a screen.
- What are the symptoms of cyclothymia
- Why was the outsourced television series stopped
- What are estimated shares for cleaning work
- Can we play games on Jio Gigafiber
- What does the Slovak flag mean
- Why does phosphorus burn in the air
- Will Betta fish go extinct
- Are cowin 'headphones good
- Is extinction a fundamental part of evolution
- What is a buffer solution and its types
- What is a Moewe
- Has Vietnam Walmart stores
- What are the symptoms of intercostal neuralgia
- What are some ways to practice life
- How common is diabetes
- What is a volcano and its parts
- Why should we use cloud-native technology
- Why is driving so stressful
- How can I feel spiritually free
- Vancouver Island would sink
- What material is used to make nunchucks?
- Is Ron a Hufflepuff
- Why do people screw each other
- Is possession good for you