What is the binary form of 12
Binary code - what do you need the binary system for?
Finally, in the 20th century, digital technology developed - the first electronic calculating machines were produced. It was the task of the computer pioneers to translate numbers and letters into a system that computers could understand. The binary code is predestined for this precisely because one can use the abstraction of 1 and 0 in physical states can translate. In electrical engineering: If there is a voltage, 1 applies; if there is no voltage, 0 is assumed.
So Punch cards work with a binary system to convey information: on such a card, a certain number of characters can be represented through an existing or missing hole. In this way, information can be stored permanently and still machine-readable. Punch cards were already in use before computers were invented, for example in looms or mechanical jukeboxes.
At first glance, binary code and binary system seem to be synonymous. But if you become aware of the properties of a code, the difference is noticeable: A. code is a regulated translation of characters. Each character in the original is assigned a different character or sequence of characters. So it is possible to convert back and forth. A system, on the other hand, exists in itself and does not need to be compared to another system. For example, if you are calculating in the binary system, you do not need to refer to the decimal system to get results.
Both occur in the IT context: We find coding e.g. B. with the ASCII code. With seven digits and two states (1 and 0) all letters of the Latin alphabet as well as other characters can be represented. But since not all characters in the world are represented by this by far, one to four bytes are available with UTF-8.
- How will Java 8 improve Android development
- Do you know gay people
- Which payment gateway does Wix use
- Which museum houses Edward Hopper's Nighthawks
- Why is the SRM hostel so expensive
- Why did our baby rabbit die 1
- What is the best SMTP service
- How lonely it is to be an academic
- Marco Polo traveled to Africa
- Are there products that reduce pigmentation?
- How big is the Palace of Versailles
- Why are passwords so important for security
- How does Sri Lanka feel about Ramayan?
- How healthy is corn
- What are the airline phone numbers?
- Why should stealing cats be illegal?
- Can hepatitis B vaccine cause hepatitis B.
- What do you think about ghosting
- What is your opinion on PISA
- Do you prefer tequila or vodka
- Why does empathy hurt so much
- What is the birthplace of Sonia Gandhi
- What does injection mean in French
- What is a bind variable in PL SQL