What is best for alcohol addiction
Our The brain stores these experiences and from now on recognizes a beer bottle or a wine glass as positive stimulus. Just looking at alcohol in photos can reactivate the addiction memory even after many years without alcohol. The desire for alcohol increases. And with it the risk of relapse. In therapy, alcoholics learn to deal with these stimuli. Researchers cannot yet say for sure whether our addiction memory can be completely erased. **
How are alcoholics treated? ***
"The first step is the most important," say people who have been addicted to alcohol themselves. Convincing alcoholics to stop drinking is difficult. Get advice and tips on thishow to help others.
The sooner someone realizes their problem, the better the chances of getting the disease under control. Important to know: In Germany, the social security agencies, i.e. health insurance or pension insurance, cover the therapy costs. The Treatment usually takes place in four steps:
It all starts with discussions with the experts at a counseling center. The point is to find out if you have a drinking problem and how big it is. Then the participants plan the next steps together.
Step two is withdrawal. The patient's body is detoxified on an outpatient basis in the therapy center or as an inpatient in the hospital. The addicts no longer drink alcohol. Your body often reacts to this with severe withdrawal symptoms - from sweating and tremors to convulsions and hallucinations. Since some of these symptoms can be life-threatening, doctors monitor the withdrawal.
Physical withdrawal is followed by mental weaning in a treatment center or hospital. In various therapies and self-help groups, those affected learn to live without alcohol again. The main thing is to understand the reasons for your own alcohol consumption and to practice alternative behaviors.
- Follow-up care:
Towards the end of the treatment, the patients clarify with their therapist how to proceed at home and at work. Often those affected have to rebuild their social network that they have neglected due to their addiction. Relapses are common and part of the learning process. That is why doctors and patients work together to define measures for an emergency.
In Germany there are more than 1,300 facilities that specialize in counseling and treatment of addicts. If you Help because you have a problem yourself or are very worried about others, this advises you BZgA info phone - also anonymous:
Phone: 0221 892031
Mon - Thu 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Fri - Sun 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Is Morocco safe for a road trip
- How effective is the diesel exhaust fluid DEF
- What's the latest in pest control
- Are cryptocurrencies regulated in the UK
- Olive oil causes headaches
- What are the examples of public monopoly
- Are there stars without orbiting planets?
- Why do narcissists steal
- Why is salesforce called Salesforce
- What causes wooden floors to peel
- How can I style leopard print shirts
- Why do people no longer discover anything
- Why are worms considered to be decomposers
- Who discovered cesium or cesium and rubidium
- How do you dry out fresh spices
- Power Rangers is the greatest show of all time
- How do you ping an address
- Why is Fortnite trending
- What is cluster or supercluster on Linux
- Helps in weight loss with blood circulation
- Could we write a formal letter
- What is the most creative aspect of science
- Can you lubricate wheel bearings
- When do boys get their Adam's apple
- When were the guitars first played?
- Are medications useful in treating depression?
- Which metal is the least conductive
- When did Evangelism explosion in Uganda begin
- Which is better MATLAB or LabVIEW
- Trumpeter swans are protected
- Are there any good problems loosening books?
- There are infinitely many parallel universes
- Means HTML 5 web platform