What is an apache helicopter
Boeing has delivered the 2,500 AH-64 Apache
The AH-64 Apache attack helicopter, developed by McDonnell Douglas, has been in series production in Mesa, Arizona, since 1983. McDonnell Douglas merged with Boeing in 1997. Now Boeing has the 2,500. Copy of the helicopter model delivered. This makes it one of the most built attack helicopters in the world. Receivers of both the first production copy of the AH-64 Apache in January 1984 and the 2,500. An example 36 years later is the US Army, which is also the largest user of the pattern.
Boeing AH-64 Apache
An AH-64 Apache attack helicopter of the RNLAF landing in Beauvechain. © Bob Fischer
Kathleen Jolivette, board member for attack helicopter programs at Boeing Defense and Space, said: "The Apache has built an impressive legacy while being well positioned to bring relevant technology and capabilities to the defense forces today and in the future."
The manufacturer has modernized the attack helicopter again and again over the course of time and thus kept it up to date in a changing combat environment. One of the biggest modernization steps was the introduction of the AH-64D Longbow Apache, which was introduced in 1998. For the first time, he had radar and armament with fire-and-forget capability.
The current version AH-64E Apache Guardian was introduced in 2018 and is able to network better with other helicopters in order to share sensors. New rotor blades, more powerful engines, a new gearbox and the ability to control drones from a helicopter are the hallmarks of this version. The US Army will upgrade all of their AH-64D to the AH-64E standard. The manufacturer has built 937 copies of the AH-64A, the AH-64D Longbow Apache version has over 1,000 copies and the AH-64E Apache Guardian has over 500 copies so far. These figures include the conversions from an earlier version to a more modern one.
In addition to the United States, 16 other countries have ordered the AH-64 attack helicopter. They are: Greece, the Netherlands, Japan, India, Singapore, South Korea, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Indonesia, Great Britain, Iraq, Israel, Qatar, Kuwait, Taiwan and the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
Follow us on Twitter
Like us on Facebook
Morocco has ordered AH-64E Apache Guardian
US approves Egypt to modernize its AH-64 fleet
Ukraine wants to replace its Mi-24 with AH-64 Apache
About Bob Fischer
- Why is your website blocking
- Would you write a long answer
- Which hydrocarbons does gasoline contain?
- What makes believers believe
- What are some characteristics of credit unions
- Where was the first library invented
- How does monoamine oxidase break down MAO monoamines
- How to get bamboo seeds
- Why does a lumbar puncture cause a headache
- What is the hottest makeup trend
- What documents are required for integration
- What is your rating of the Avalara product
- Blacks are the oppressed masses
- I can meditate anytime
- Is irradiated meat for freshness
- Can an MBA according to CA be done
- How do you get inspiration
- Does Thailand Ol
- Can the DMV be privatized
- Does the cold affect car batteries
- Which songs are similar to O Fortuna
- How would you define eclectic
- How was HIV spread
- Where are civil engineers from IITs going