What kind of people get OCD
Creation & maintenance
Affected people may have a certain genetic predisposition for the development of obsessive-compulsive symptoms. Various studies have shown that relative of people who suffer from obsessive-compulsive disorder have a 3 to 12-fold increased risk of developing OCD as well. This genetic influence may be particularly high with obsessive-compulsive thoughts and with an early onset of the disorder. Today it is also assumed that constraints with a Overactivity in certain brain control circuits go hand in hand, so that automatic impulses for action can be inhibited worse. So seem certain Messenger substances in the brain (so-called "neurotransmitters", especially serotonin, but also norepinephrine) are insufficient, which explains the positive effect of accompanying drug treatment in severe obsessive-compulsive disorder.
Certain ones are decisive for the development and maintenance of obsessive-compulsive disorders Learning experiences, Life events other Personality factors. Common childhood experiences people made with compulsions
have high expectations of performance and rigor on the part of the parents, high moral standards and a rather overprotective style of upbringing, which allowed little autonomy. Persistent personality factors can then, for example, develop perfectionism, internalized high standards, experienced high levels of responsibility, fearfulness and a high degree of adaptation to norms and values.
It is also important to pay more attention to the time when the obsessive-compulsive symptoms first appear. Did the compulsions arise for the first time in a specific stressful situation? It is not uncommon for those affected to report that the first appearance of the compulsions was at a time when they had to deal with new requirements (for example, moving out of home, starting work). For some sufferers, the compulsions exist
but also since early youth and show a chronic, often changeable course. The decisive factor is that in most cases no single factor alone causes the development of the obsessive-compulsive disorder, but different factors
Pieces of the mosaic of biology, childhood, personality and special life experiences at the time of the onset of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder contributed to the development of the obsession.
How are obsessive-compulsive disorder maintained?
There are several reasons why compulsion can become such a persistent companion, despite the high "cost" and suffering it causes each day. One reason is that the factors leading to the
The emergence of compulsion continue to exist. One of the keys to maintaining an OCD is one self-reinforcing vicious circle of obsessive-compulsive disorder.
- Why should you buy a OnePlus 5
- Baby Yoda is an alien
- What is the Phoenix Framework
- What are the best health apps
- How do sleeping pills affect the body?
- What is Jio Cinema
- What are some of your latest drawings
- What are transfer shares
- Why do Muslim scholars frighten Muslims
- How is the British mobility order determined
- Quantitative easing loses its initial effect
- What is preventing you from leaving your partner?
- How do I design an antenna
- How can I improve the 4G network indoors
- Where can one find breeders of serval cats
- Why is the Pulsar 150 not good
- Should I learn web frameworks
- We can sell my bikes
- Are you still my best friends?
- Why do people hate eBooks
- Is Charlie's Sheen a bad person
- Which animals accentuated communication
- Inland countries can own and operate ships
- What is your opinion on political correctness
- What was JFK's birthday
- How do I install the custom recovery
- What is the meaning of full
- What's in Walt Disney Castle
- What fruits are good for you
- How are internships at Nalanda University
- Which genre is your favorite
- The government runs mainly with taxes
- How do we use Wish online shopping
- What is a good recreational bike