What are Dilaudid worth
Trade name: Palladon®, Dilaudid®
English: hydromorphone, dihydromorphinone
Hydromorphs is a semi-synthetic opioid analgesic approved for the treatment of moderate to severe acute and chronic pain conditions. The analgesic potency of hydromorphone is 7.5.
Severe to very severe pain such as tumor pain, postoperative and traumatic pain, orthopedic diseases, neuropathies, etc.
Hydromorphone can also be used as a potent antitussive. For this indication, however, codeine and dihydrocodeine are more popular in Germany.
3 application forms
Hydromorphone is available for oral ingestion as a capsule or sustained release capsule and for parenteral administration as an injection solution.
The dosage and duration of use depend on the type and severity of the pain. Further information can be found in the information provided by the respective manufacturer.
After enteral absorption, the hydromorphone is metabolized in the liver and is then only bioavailable to about 50% (first-pass effect). The maximum plasma concentration is reached after approx. 1 hour. The terminal half-life is relatively short and is also only 1 hour. For this reason, hydromorphone must be given at short intervals or in a retarded form in order to achieve a longer-lasting elimination of pain. The protein binding of the active ingredient is about 7%. The metabolites are mainly excreted renally.
6 side effects
The side effects correspond to those of the drug class (opioid analgesics). Among other things, it can be too
Sedating substances such as
can increase the effects of hydromorphone and at the same time affect the side effects in an unpredictable way.
In Germany, hydromorphone is subject to the Narcotics Act and must be prescribed on a BtM prescription.
- What is the name of 20 bottles of champagne
- Should Great Britain join the Russian Federation
- What started stock investing
- What are wind fairies
- Is the community TV series autobiographical
- How does the withdrawal from Prozac Fluoxetine feel?
- How long does it take to restore cervical cautery
- Which laptop has the best audio quality?
- What is a helium release valve
- How to heal writer's block quickly
- Who are Snapchat's competitors in 2019
- Is nostalgia overrated
- Schizophrenics may lack certain emotions
- How fast am I moving right now
- Inexpensive hardware load balancer
- What are the basics of mold making
- Which field is good in IIT Powai
- Who owns the census data
- What does a document review attorney do
- What are some advantages of collecting art
- Why are rich people calculating
- Is Spanish more popular than French
- What does an injection means literally
- Who was the first photographer from India
- What damage could toothpaste do to teeth?
- Why aren't people buying budget phones anymore
- Is the Rocket League still worth buying?
- What is the advantage of PLC
- How do digital streaming services work
- How do you maintain tooth enamel
- How risky is it to outsource data cleansing
- Which are the smallest microorganisms
- Is avocado oil good for your hair