What is the old name of Bharuch
Map (Cartography) - Bharuch (District) (Bharūch)
Bharuch (Gujarati: ભરૂચ, formerly Broach) is a port city in the state of Gujarat in northwest India at the mouth of the Narmada in the Gulf of Khambhat. It is the capital of the Bharuch district and has around 170,000 inhabitants (2011 census).
Bharuch is a very old, historically significant port and trading city, which is already mentioned in the Mahabharata. It used to be called Bharakuccha or Bhrgukaccha, in the Periplus Maris Erythraei and in Ptolemy it is called Barygaza, in Xuanzang it is mentioned as Barakacheva. Under English colonial rule the city was called Broach.
In the future, Bharuch is to be merged into a twin town with the municipality of Ankleshwar on the other side of the river.
Around 500 BC Bharuch was the most important port in northern India for export to western countries. At that time the Indian road network was so extensive that Bharuch had road connections to the Himalayas (Shravasti), the Deccan (Ujjain), the Bay of Bengal (Tamralipta) and the Chaiber Pass (Pushkalavati). The latter route was used by traders to go on to Bactria and then to China or the Caspian Sea. At that time, among other things, goods were exported via Bharuch. Nard oil from Kashmir, Hindu Kush and Kabul; Muslin from bengal; Ujjain cotton fabric; Raw silk, silk yarn and silk fabric from China.
In the Periplus Maris Erythraei, around 80 AD, Bharuch is often mentioned as a destination on the monsoon route to cross the Indian Ocean, among others. from Muza in ancient southern Arabia. For this route, Bharuch was the most important port for North India. Finds of Roman gold and silver coins by the emperors Augustus and Tiberius show passages in the Periplus, according to which Roman coins were imported into Bharuch and exchanged for local currency. At that time, Bharuch was the capital of the satrap Nahapana.
- What is that Fifa would cups
- What is your favorite true crime case
- What is normal urination in a day
- What caused the Uber IPO fiasco
- How often do IIT students take exams
- Why do somatic cells divide
- How do I concentrate when writing exams?
- Why is shark fin soup so famous
- Which Hollywood film is based on crypto currency
- Airbnb hosts collect fees for stained linen
- When will land phones cease to exist?
- Can I edit videos with Vimeo?
- How big is a cat's territory
- Rubber comes exclusively from rubber trees
- Is reality God's deception
- Why was quantum physics formed
- Who is Igor Stravinsky
- Which environmental factors influence the HRM
- Why don't Europeans use tonal languages?
- How can brand awareness be improved
- What's the best way to roast coffee
- What kind of tree is the 8th
- Invest in commercial real estate
- Why declare foreign currency at customs