What's your mother's best lunch recipe
Quick recipes for new moms / breastfeeding nutrition
When you are at home for the first few days, whether alone with your baby or with your dad: As a new mom you just don't have time to spend long hours in the kitchen. But it is particularly important to eat healthily when breastfeeding. Some foods are not allowed, others are milk-producing. I will give you helpful tips and many recipes for the beginning, so that you can cook fresh there too - or your husband.
How do you even do that, stand in the kitchen with your baby and cook something good? With my tips for quick recipes, for good preparation and stress-free cooking with baby, you are on the safe side and well prepared to eat healthily and properly in the puerperium. My tricks for life as a new mom or maybe as a mom of two will hopefully help you to continue to cook healthy and balanced - because healthy nutrition is all the more important now!
(Note: This article contains advertisements for Stokke's Newborn essay *).
Diet while breastfeeding
During breastfeeding - especially at the beginning, when you are fully breastfeeding - your energy requirement is around 500 kcal higher! Since the body is constantly producing milk, you should definitely drink enough and eat a balanced diet.
Some foods are already forbidden during pregnancy - and mom should be aware of a few things while breastfeeding:
- Drink a lot: Drink at least 2 liters a day, preferably water or tea.
- Caution: Mint tea, hibiscus and sage can have a sedative effect. Parsley is also considered a milk inhibitor. And stress!
- Fennel, anise and caraway (mostly in this combination) are a milk-promoting breastfeeding tea (1-3 cups per day). These herbs also help the baby when he has colic.
- Avoid alcohol, coffee and black tea only in bulk (1-2 cups)
- Eating healthy, balanced, that means: high in fiber / high in fiber with lots of fruits and vegetables, if possible prefer whole grain products, nuts (also for the omega3), also unsaturated fatty acids such as rapeseed oil and protein sources
- Avoid diets, excessive exercise and too many sweets.
- Too many dairy products are also not recommended.
- Carbon dioxide could also cause colic.
- If you suffer from constipation, flea seeds, crushed flaxseeds or wheat bran and drink plenty of fluids will help.
As Lactating be valid:
- Malt beverages such as Ovaltine, non-alcoholic beer
- Brewer's yeast
- Anise and caraway seeds
- Oats, nuts and semolina can also produce milk
- Nursing balls (you can also make it yourself, click here for the recipe)
You should be careful with cabbage, legumes, leeks, citrus fruits and stone fruits as well as spicy foods in large quantities, they can have a flatulence or cause a sore bottom or colic in the baby. I say watch out here, because you should usually try it, because it is often not a problem with cabbage or legumes such as chickpeas (it was the same with me). And of course again: no alcohol, no smoking.
Postpartum: pre-cooking or not?
I am not one of those mothers who pre-cook and freeze a lot, not even for the puerperium (I also lack a large freezer compartment). But fast food comes into my house even less, I am consistent with that.
Some of the things I have pre-cooked are a few single servings of tomato sauce. They also had space in the freezer.
But cooking fresh and fast is quite good, I'll show you below which recipes make sense. Of course, you can rearrange yourself, add food or change the menu. But there are some foods that you should always have around the house and real power foods such as nuts, eggs, oatmeal, chickpeas and vegetables (as described here).
Stress-free cooking with your baby in the kitchen
There may be many who let themselves be cooked for in bed. Unfortunately, I don't have the option of having a private chef ... no, joking aside. I don't want to force my mother from Bern or my mother-in-law to cook lunch. And dad doesn't like being in the kitchen very much. So it was clear to me that I would cook with baby from the start. It was the same with the first child. So how do you cook stress-free with a baby?
- The newborn sleeps a lot in the first few weeks. Cooking is called for when the baby is asleep. Eating too, by the way 😉 and it works pretty stress-free, just maybe not at exactly 12 o'clock or when you want to.
- If there is a sibling, if they are also busy, it becomes stressful. Either it helps in the kitchen, lists to a radio play or dad is there and reads him a story. What doesn't work is baby, toddler and everyone in the kitchen, everyone wants something different, one screams, the other is hungry ......
- As soon as the baby is awake more, there are these options:
- The baby is there in the kitchen, e.g. on the Stokke Newborn attachment (ADVERTISEMENT) and can watch mom cook.
- Somebody is carrying the baby (during this time they are big carriers and don't like to lie somewhere on the floor or in a bassinet or to be busy with it.
- The whole bassinet also has space in the kitchen so that my son can see me, but then it lies down and I have little space to move around in the kitchen.
- Later, when the baby becomes more mobile, there are further tips (click here), such as placing an activity blanket or the playpen near the kitchen.
That's why I think the first tip is the best, unless dad is there and carries the baby. The Stokke Newborn attachment* is really worth gold here: the baby is always with me, at a good height and sees what I'm doing. When the meal is ready, the TrippTrapp is carried to the table and baby is there too. It has already happened that he fell asleep in it, but mostly and more and more often he sits there, watches his big brother, me or dad while eating with big eyes and is happy to be there.
Basic stock of food during the puerperium
- Is Cincinnati tap water drinkable
- How do you recognize a diode connection
- Online transactions are reported to the IRS
- Why is Russia bombing civilians in Syria
- What else can you do but study?
- What caused Mt. Gox to fail
- Do you like the polish language
- How do I find the strength of the force
- What are these DC parameters
- Where is Oasis in Fallout 3
- What are some good team building games
- Is will power enough to change
- How do people lose their curiosity
- How can rhotacism be cured
- Hotels are open on Christmas Day
- Why do mountaineers leave garbage in the mountains
- How does Panchakarma help in weight loss
- How easy is Tally ERP
- Did Billy Joel ever find his father
- Orthodox Christians are allowed to drink alcohol
- What are you, are your work
- What is your idea of speech articulation
- What is an ELT in aviation
- What makes your job worthwhile
- What is polymorphism in science
- What do violent dreams mean
- Is apple cider vinegar good for UTI
- What should be free is not
- Why do my begonias keep dying
- Pay podcasts guests
- What is QuickBooks Error 15240
- Should Mamata be called the appeasement politician
- What does LSD do to your system