Are your parents good with technology?
6 Ways To Avoid Solving Your Parents' IT Problems
This article was published in December 2018.
History repeats itself in thousands and thousands of households every year. As soon as the kids are back and are sitting well fed and defenseless in their living room, the disaster takes its course. "Candy Crush keeps crashing." "The printer is printing the wrong way." "The internet is too slow." "I deleted the internet again." What follows is an odyssey through the parental problem list on your computer. Time to arm yourself against it.
At Tsüri.ch, we understand how difficult it is to turn down favors for your parents. In the end, it was you who taught us how to use a toilet and how to navigate the big wide world. Still, you probably have better things to do than clicking your way through the icons on your parents' cluttered desktop on Christmas Eve. Therefore, here are 6 ways to avoid duty, ordered according to the degree of disfavor you fall into with your parents.
1. Declare the problem as unsolvable.
Have the problem explained to you, sit in a quiet corner, and watch the latest cat videos on your device. Then you confidently declare that the problem is unsolvable even for a digital native like you. Your parents will fully understand this as you confirm them in the unsolvability of the problem.
2. Have you ever tried to turn the device off and on again?
Ask your parents this question before they even explain the problem to you. With this you release yourself with 90 percent probability from the support duties and still let yourself appear in a good light.
3. Did you google the problem?
Before solving problems, your parents should at least make an effort. With "Teach Parents Tech", Google has created explanatory videos for parents that are also much nicer than let me Google that for you. Well, your parents would be glad they didn't have to do anything, but they won't hate you for doing that.
4. Change the subject
Always remind your parents when the conversation turns to digital technologies that you used to get through the peaceful Christmas season without all the technical stuff.
As hard as it seems, your parents are old enough to solve their problems on their own. If the problem is complex, it is perfectly legitimate to bring in a professional who will be paid for their patience. If nothing works at all, your parents will probably have a phone book to help you locate a specialist.
6. Erase the Internet
Sit at the computer. Drag the browser to the trash. Then you report to your parents that you have accidentally deleted the Internet and that your hands are unfortunately tied.
- Slows down guest WiFi Internet speeds
- What is Birla Alokya Whitefield
- What is the difference between subsonic ammunition and supersonic ammunition?
- What is a deep seated playmaker
- Can a doctor prescribe medical marijuana
- Would you lease a BMW CPO car?
- Can science eradicate poverty?
- How do NFL players stay fit
- Affordable care is good
- Why do most people resist money
- What are Jack Jack's 17 powers
- How is a solid rocket propellant made
- Does PS3 still play online
- Why do we have to eat cottage cheese
- Why are fake documentaries still considered documentaries
- Like life at SIIB
- What are words with 3 Es
- Is O negative blood good or not
- Are the Beatles band overrated
- Find the zeros of x 3 x
- How can deaf people live without music
- What would life be without object constancy?
- Believe that racism really exists everywhere
- What are the Lanthanoid and Actinoid series
- Who invented C ++
- How do Arab men greet each other
- Who sends the 10 Hertz signal
- What is the next express draw
- What is self-disclosure in psychology
- Can the king move without a check
- What are the best cocktail blogs
- How do I beat the horse races
- Should I forget her 1
- Why don't people write in calligraphy