What is a higher degree in medicine
State examination: In principle, only one subject is studied.
The specialist specialization takes place after graduation (postgraduate).
Professional profiles / competencies
Search term: doctor
according to the license to practice medicine for doctors:
pre-clinical nursing internship
clinical: clinical elections
basic scientific subjects
Duration of studies / standard period of study
The duration of the course depends on the individual course of study. The standard period of study, i.e. the time in which the intended study program can ideally be completed, is 13 semesters. The actual duration of the study can differ from this. It is limited by the examination deadlines, which are regulated in the examination regulations.
Scope of the course
According to §2 Licensing Regulations for Doctors (ÄAppO)
Start of studies
only in the winter semester
What qualities should I have?
- Interest in medical issues
- Tendency towards analytical thinking (recognizing diseases and treating them correctly)
- Inclination to advisory and convincing activity (e.g. to provide information about therapy options)
- Inclination to precision work (e.g. handling scalpels, putting on bandages and splints)
- Inclination to helping and caring activities (preserving life, protecting and restoring health, alleviating suffering)
- Inclination to deal with people (e.g. being able to deal with pain, fears and feelings of shame of the patient)
- Interest in nutrition and health issues (prevention of diseases, e.g. informing about a healthy lifestyle, diet and exercise)
- Sense and willingness to take responsibility (e.g. administer narcotics and anesthetics)
- Decision-making ability (e.g. in diagnosis and therapy)
- Willingness to learn (e.g. find out about medical research and reforms in the healthcare system, take part in international congresses, read specialist literature - also in a foreign language)
- Confidentiality (e.g. observe medical confidentiality)
- Mental stability (confrontation with difficult fates)
- Ability to communicate (e.g. having in-depth discussions with patients)
- Empathy (approaching suffering, anxious and particularly pain-sensitive patients with empathy)
Yes, the course has restricted admission. Prospective students should apply at http://www.hochschulstart.de (= selection process).
Legal (admission / access) requirements
General university entrance qualification, subject-specific university entrance qualification or professional qualification
Application date (s)
Applications for the 1st semester to the Foundation for University Admission at http://www.hochschulstart.de/
For higher semesters: information on the student chancellery website
Information for foreign applicants
After a successful application you can register. Information on the dates for enrollment and the required documents can be found on the homepage of the student office.
Required language certificates
No language certificates are required.
Information on German language certificates for foreign applicants
Required (application / enrollment) documents
You can find out which documents you need for an application on the homepage of http://www.hochschulstart.de.
Information on the documents required for enrollment can be found on the homepage of the student chancellery.
Information on the application documents for foreign applicants.
Contact in the faculty
Dipl.-Psych. Stefanie Goldhacker
Telephone 0941 943-2823
Email [email protected]
- How can startups raise money
- What does the word Joydeep mean
- Who wrote the first compiler
- When will I be free from depression?
- Will Jimmy Wales ever visit Nepal
- Which is better IISC or IIST
- In which city is there cotton candy?
- Macrocephaly causes developmental delay in children
- There are gyms specially designed for natural bodybuilders
- Who is the Murderer in Anime Erased
- How do I choose the best home security
- Top inspirational quotes for startups and entrepreneurs
- Require all Quora questions topics
- What is the value of 4% C2% BD
- What does the middle class want
- Read scientists science blogs
- Can you live without books
- Why are FREEFLY drones so damn expensive
- Drinking chloroform can lead to death
- Computational thinking is programming
- Can environmental factors cause autism?
- How do websites like Flipboard aggregate content
- What is lay tax credit
- How is it that most dentists do not accept Medicaid?